Report details tests on PE pipe stress crack resistance
- PPI issues annual statistics. // Underground Construction;Nov98, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p3
Presents a summary of the statistics compiled by the Society of the Plastics Industry Inc. on the 1997 shipments of polyethylene pipe, tube and conduit products in the United States. Estimate of volume shipped to market segments including the average safety incident rate.
- Polyethylene Market Boom Slowing. Ouellette, Jennifer // Chemical Market Reporter;11/29/99, Vol. 256 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the decline in the growth of the polyethylene market at the end of 1999. Impact of the decline on the plans of polyethylene producers for price increases; Society of the Plastics Industry's data on first quarter 1999 sales of low-density polyethylene in the United States; Total...
- Development of emission factors for polyethylene processing. Barlow, Anthony; Contos, Denise A. // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association;Jun96, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p569
Reports on the study organized by the Society of the Plastics Industry Inc. to develop baseline emission factors for polyethylene processing. Reference data for processors involved in similar extrusion operations; Emission capture and collection techniques; Emission components; Equations for...
- Plastics Pipe Institute forms conduit division. // Underground Construction;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p3
Reports that the Society of the Plastics Industry Inc.'s Plastics Pipe Institute has formed a Conduit Division to promote and increase the use of polyethylene pipe for conduit operations. Development of product standards to ensure quality performance; Membership in the division.
- Plastics Pipe Institute members considering departure from SPI. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;4/5/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p3
Reports that Plastics Pipe Institute (PPI) is considering to leave the Society of the Plastics Industry (SPI) Inc. Reasons behind PPI's plan to leave SPI; Resin companies that left SPI and transferred to the American Plastics Council; Probability that PPI will become an independent group after...
- SPI jumps on thermoformed PET recycling. Verespej, Mike // Plastics News;7/25/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p0001
The article reports on the collaboration of trade groups on a model program to propel the collection and recycling of thermoformed polyethylene terephthalate (PET) packaging. It says that the program is funded by Society of the Plastics Industry (SPI) with grant money of 100,000 dollars agreed....
- New staff changing western office's focus. Goldsberry, Clare // Plastics News;10/28/96, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p4
Focuses on some of the changes being made at the Western Regional Office of the Society of the Plastics Industry Incorporated. Names of persons hired; Their roles in the office; Comments from Mike Godwin, one of the persons hired.
- Deregulation hasn't cut power costs yet. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;08/04/97, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p13
Features a survey by the Society of the Plastics Industry Incorporated (SPI), which suggests that the promise of electricity deregulation has not yet produced lower rates for most plastic processors. Findings of the survey; Views of the SPI vice president for Government Affairs Lewis Freeman on...
- SPI to send agents to S. Africa, Israel. // Plastics News;08/04/97, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p28
Reports on an announcement of the Society of the Plastics Industry Incorporated (SPI), that it will start implementing plans which were announced at NPE 1997 with tow international trade activities in fall 1997. Other information on SPI plans.