Poway, Calif., Redevelopment Agency Selling $153 Million
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of May 2004. Factors affecting the rating of local credits in California; Increase in the underlying general obligation rating of the Municipal Utility District in Brazoria County, Texas; Designated rating for New York's Webster Central...
- Understanding the risks of debentures. Callinan, Margaret // Money Management;11/20/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p24
Explains the risks associated with debentures and unsecured notes in Australia. Background on debenture; Issuance of debentures; Discussion on the interest rate risk; Information on the credit and default risk.
- Louisiana to Sell $525M For Roads. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32108, p1
Reports that the state of Louisiana is selling gasoline and fuel tax revenue bonds as part of its accelerated statewide road program. Upgrade on credit rating; Insurance for the bonds; Senior manager of the bond sale.
- Philadelphia Skipping November GO Vote as $70M Fails to Gain Support. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p36
Reports that Philadelphia will not ask its voters to approve general obligation bonds in November 2005. Deadline for placing referendums on the ballot after a bill authorizing a bond in question failed to win the necessary two-thirds majority; Calls for the city to adopt a new procedure for...
- Merged Louisville/Jefferson Metro Government in First GO Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p29
This article reports that the Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Government in Kentucky is readying its first general obligation deal as a merged government, with plans to sell about $3 million of debt today. Today's deal is expected to benefit from recent positive rating actions. Moody's...
- Spreads Widen as Investors Flee to US Treasury Bonds. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p54
Predicts that United States companies will be paying more to borrow money in the wake of the widening of credit spreads between corporate and treasury bonds following the downgrading of General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co.'s credit ratings. Factors that contributed to the recovery of...
- Trenton Eyes Thursday for $51M Refunding of Six Issues. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32181, p33
Reports that Trenton, New Jersey is set to sell about a multi-million dollar of refunding debt involving six different issues. Primary reason of the city's refinancing and restructuring; Factors contributing to the enhanced rating of the bonds; Percentage of the buildings that are exempt from taxes.
- Tran Deals Rated. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that Standard and Poor's rated both Los Angeles, California, and Oakland, California, SP1-plus for forthcoming tax and revenue anticipation note issues.
- Chicago Transit Selling $250M of Top-Rated Grant Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p3
Reports that the Chicago Transit Authority's $250 million triple-A insured federal transit grant anticipation bond issue planned for October 2004 received underlying mid-level single-A ratings from Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's. Key features of the bond issue; Analysis of...