A Tax Increase
- Planned Atlantic City Taxable GO Bonds Rated A-minus. Coen, Andrew // Bondbuyer.com;5/8/2015, p1
Planned general obligation taxable refunding bonds slated to be issued by Atlantic City under New Jersey's Municipal Qualified Bond Act have been assigned an A-minus rating and stable outlook by Standard & Poor's.
- Fitch Proposes Rating Criteria Changes on Tax-Supported Debt. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;9/11/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F335, p1
Fitch Ratings released a draft on Thursday detailing changes to its U.S. tax-supported bond rating criteria. The rating agency said it expects less than 10% of the ratings covered would be affected.
- S&P Upgrades Eureka, Calif. Redevelopment Debt. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;9/11/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F335, p1
Standard & Poor's has upgraded Eureka Redevelopment Agency, Calif. to BBB-plus from BBB, citing improved cash management.
- JeffCo Taxpayers File Cross Appeal in Bond Case. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/11/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34441, p1
A group of Jefferson County, Ala., taxpayers have cross appealed a judge's recent ruling in hopes of further blocking the county's plan to issue refunding warrants.
- Wash. High Court Upholds Taxes for Bond Repayments. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p3
The article reports on the ruling handed down by the Washington State Supreme Court. The ruling will uphold a Seattle-area mass transit agency's authority to continue collecting a tax pledged to debt service on $346 million outstanding revenue bonds. The decision upheld a lower court finding...
- Insurers Open a Legal Can of Worms for Puerto Rico. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/11/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34441, p1
Assured Guaranty Ltd. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. filed a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of Puerto Rico's revenue clawback strategy, fanning concern that a long, messy process lies ahead as the commonwealth seeks to restructure about $70 billion of public bond debt.
- City approves issuing tax notes. Brown, Hal // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);12/10/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 50, p1A
The article reports that the Burnet City Council in Texas has approved the issuance of almost $1 million in tax notes, in which council members are making effort to make sure that the notes could be processed by the end of December 2008.
- Gilts and bonds. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Sep95, Vol. 116 Issue 1225, p111
Reports on the British government's plan to pursue its reform of the taxation of gilts and bonds. Approval of Chancellor of the Exchequer Kenneth Clarke of an official gilt strip market; Tax payment of private investors, individuals and trusts; Absence of gains or loss on death.
- Enterprise zone facility bonds. // Practical Accountant;Aug96, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) release of final regulations relating to the issuance of enterprise zone facility bonds by state and local governments.