Indiana Looks to Lieut. Governor as O'Bannon Hospitalized
- Frank O'Bannon Dead at 73; Kernan Indiana's New Governor. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p3
Presents an obituary for Frank O'Bannon, public officer, who died on September 2003 in Indiana.
- Long road ahead for O'Bannon tax plan. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/17/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p19
Focuses on the plans of Governor Frank O'Bannon to restructure the tax system in Indiana. Attempt of the governor to rewrite the Indiana tax code; Plans to increase the taxes; Criticisms against the plans of the governor.
- Hoosiers lose a good neighbor. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p13A
Comments on the death of Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon. Achievements and accomplishments during his tenure as former member of the state Senate, lieutenant governor and governor; Reputation for simplicity and integrity.
- O'Bannon associates begin to grumble. Robinson, Dick // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/03/97, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p9B
Opinion. Presents the author's views on the administration of Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon. Implication of O'Bannon's separation from some of his longtime supporters; Description of O'Bannon's ability for governorship; Concerns of political friends in dealings with the state; Information on...
- Inidiana Gov. O'Bannon Remains Critical; Lieut. Gov. Kernan Acting Governor. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p6
Reports on the critical condition of Indiana Governor Frank O' Bannon with signs of brain damage, after suffering a stroke while attending a conference in Chicago, Illinois as of September 10, 2003. Extent of the brain damage; Acting governor in his absence; Contribution of O'Bannon to the...
- Republicans can't beat the real Frank O'Bannon. Andrew, Joseph J. // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/05/96, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p4B
Focuses on the success of government leadership of Governor Frank O'Bannon in Indiana. Use of assistance from Democrats; Republican's branding approach against O'Bannon.
- Voters sent a Frank message. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/30/96, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p15A
Reports on Frank O'Bannon's victory over Steve Goldsmith in the governor's race in Indiana in November 1996. O'Bannon's previous political career; Legislative issues and agenda.
- How the Races for Governor Look Now. Cook, Charlie // National Journal;3/11/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p812
Offers a look at the races for governor in the United States as of March 11, 2000. Race to replace Democratic Governor Thomas R. Carper in Delaware; Challengers of Democratic Governor Frank O'Bannon in Indiana; Bob Holden as the Democratic candidate in Missouri.
- O'Bannon won't coast through primary season. Colwell, Jack // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/18/95, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p8B
Looks at Democrat Frank O'Bannon's efforts to make certain his nomination as Democratic representative for the Indiana gubernatorial elections in 1996. Strong candidacy face; Similarity with Senator Dick Lugar; Campaign path.