Treasury Stepped Up Guidance pace in Fiscal '02
- Treasury May Ease Circular 230, But Isn't Sure How. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p4
Reports that the U.S. Treasury Department may be amenable to treating tax-exempt bond opinions differently under a proposed tax shelter rule. Comments of Bruce M. Serchuk, an attorney-adviser in the Treasury's office of tax policy, on the issue of tax-exempt bonds; Municipal market participants'...
- TBMA: Redefine waste. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30606, p1
Focuses on the Bond Market Association's call for the United States (US) Department of the Treasury to clarify and expand its definition of solid waste. US Internal Revenue Service's decision on the taxability of an issue of solid-waste recycling facility bonds; Technical advice memorandum on...
- Rising Taxables Pressure Tax-Exempt Yields. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/9/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33464, p2
The article reports on the impact of the increasing taxable yields on tax-exempt yields. It states that the Municipal Market Data triple-A 10-year scale rose one base point to 3.39%, the 20-year is 4.62%, and 4.95% for 30-year bond. Moreover, the U.S. Treasury Department auctioned three-year...
- Brookings: Reinstate BABs Program at 28% Subsidy Rate. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;8/30/2013, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Congress should reinstate a Build America Bond (BAB) program with a 28 percent subsidy recommended by the Brookings Institution, encouraging U.S. state and local governments to invest in infrastructure projects. It mentions that the BAB program allows...
- Expect More Tax Guidance in 2015. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;12/26/2014, p7
The article discusses the additional guidance on issue price and arbitrage rules to be issued in 2015 by the U.S. Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service for bonds. Treasury associate tax legislative counsel John Cross revealed their plans at a meeting of the Government Finance Officers...
- NABL Seeks Guidance Projects on Reissuance, Issue Price. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;4/10/2015, p14
The article presents the 2015-2015 priority guidance plan of the U.S. Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Topics discussed include recommendations of the National Association of Bond Lawyers through its president Antonio Martini sent to the IRS on April 9, 2015 such as...
- T-Bonds, Other Taxables, Munis Gained In May. PAUL KATZEFF // Investors Business Daily;6/4/2014, pA09
Taxable bond investors of all stripes scored gains in May.
- News In Brief: Treasury Bills Go At 1.530%, 1.580%. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p2
Reports on the lowering of tender rates for the U.S. Treasury Department's discount bills as of January 15, 2002. Reason for lowering of the rates; Percentage value of median bids for discount bills.
- News In Brief: Treasury to Auction 4-Week Bills Today. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p2
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Treasury Department to sell six billion dollars of four week discount bills on January 15, 2002. Value of maturing bills in the accounts of Federal Reserve Bank.