In S.C., Full Speed Ahead
- Santa Fe, N.M., Schools Near End of $73 Million Authorization. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/12/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32669, p4
The article reports that Santa Fe Public School District in Santa Fe, New Mexico will be using most of its remaining authorization from a February 2005 election with its competitive sale of $28.5 million of general obligation bonds (GO). The sale will leave the school district with $5 million of...
- San Diego plans zeros for massive schools issue. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30614, p4
Focuses on California-based San Diego Unified School District's plan to issue its first series of school bond authorization approved by voters in November 1999. Major reason why the district selected zero-coupon bonds; Certificates of participation program; Plans for the proceeds.
- CALIFORNIA : The Little School That Could. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/10/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32980, p9
The article reports on the pricing of Los Nietos School District's bond deal at attractive rates in Los Angeles County, California. The district resized its original $15 million deal to just under $10 million, allowing the general obligation bonds to be sold as a bank-qualified deal. The general...
- Comal, Tex., School District Going TO Market With $105 Million of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p40
The article reports that the Comal Independent School District in Texas will be issuing at least $105 million general obligation bonds in the first issuance from a $189.2 million authorization approved by voters. Proceeds from the bond sale will be used to finance new schools and facilities and...
- Emmet Seeks SEC's Help to Prevent Call. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p1
Reports the request of Emmet & Co. for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate the legality of the Area School District to call the bonds in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Redemption plan of Area School District on the zero-coupon bonds; Allegation of Emmet on the school...
- Double-A Colorado School District Selling $67.5M of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p4
Reports that the Cherry Creek, Colorado, School District No. 5 is set to make a competitive offering of general obligation bonds on February 15, 2005. Sale of the new-money debt via iDeal's Parity electronic bidding system; Total value of the offering; Financial advisers of the district; Total...
- OKLAHOMA: Project List in Works. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/22/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33187, p9
The article reports on the move of trustees and administration officials of the Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1 in Oklahoma to create a bond development committee, which aims to develop a bond project list in anticipation of a school bond election in 2010. Bond project executive...
- Albuquerque Eyes Record. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p1
No abstract available.
- Bossier Borrowing. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p27
Reports on the plan of the Parish Wide School District of Bossier Parish to sell general obligation bonds in Bossier City, Louisiana. Use of the proceeds to refund bonds; Maturities of the deal; Intention of the school district to sell additional bonds.