Science and Design
- Science Letters. Myers, Jack // Highlights for Children;Apr2003, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p21
Addresses questions about science and nature.
- Science and moral skepticism in Hobbes. Black, Sam // Canadian Journal of Philosophy;Jun97, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p173
Presents information on Hobbes ethical theory on science and nature. Identification of Hobbes as a deontological moral theorist by commentators; Discussion on the association between science and ethics; Indepth look at the reduction of natural laws as an instrumental reason.
- Front-Page News. Brown, Peter // Natural History;Jun2003, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p8
Presents an update on science and nature as of June 2003. Article featured in the February 2001 issue of 'Natural History,' about the robbery of archaeological artifacts at the National Museum; Illustration of the retributive nature of contemporary political discourse; Work completed by...
- Science Snacks. // Current Science;10/23/98, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p3
Presents information on issues pertaining to science and nature. Origin of the name given to the asteroid located between Mars and Jupiter; Number of teeth an elephant goes through in a lifetime; Correlation between the word `bug', which is used in the phrase `don't bug me' and the African word...
- WHO KNEW? // Current Science;1/2/2004, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p3
Presents some scientific facts.
- Miracles All Around Us. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Dec2010, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p212
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses an article on nature, science and true stories.
- letters. JAGADEESH, A.; BAGAI, BUDDHA; SHARMA, L. R.; RAO, EMANDI K. L.; GUPTA, VISHWABANDHU; GUPTA, DEEPA; VU, THANG; DAS, SARIT K.; BAJAJ, KETAN; NARASIMHAMURTHY, H. B. S.; DHARMSHAKTU, MANOJ; REDDY, S. JEEVANANDA; K, BHARATH KUMAR; KUMAR, MAHESH // Down to Earth;9/1/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p5
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Mimicking nature" and "Putting faith back in science" in the July 16-31, 2015 issue and "Deadly Air: Face it" in the August 1-15, 2015 issue.
- Untitled. // New Scientist;4/6/2013, Vol. 217 Issue 2911, p56
The article presents questions and answers related to science including how nature prevents incest and inbreeding, the best course of action for getting a bee out of the house, and the chemistry behind the damaging effects of sunlight on beer.
- This issue. // Nature Materials;Sep2007, Vol. 6 Issue 9, pv
The article discusses various articles published within the issue, including one by Kostya Novoselov and colleagues about graphene sheets and one by Julio Pellicer-Porres and colleagues about quartz.