- Washington School District Makes Fourth Bid to Pass GO Vote. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31639, p3
Officials from Renton School District in Washington will try to get voter approval on a 150 million dollar general obligation bond measure to pay for the final phase of a 363 million dollar, 20-year capital plan. The school district is one of 19 across the state to have a referendum on today's...
- California Audit Finds L.A. School District's Building Plan Is &1.7B Short. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p3
Reports the budget deficit of the bond-funded construction program of the Los Angeles Unified School District in California. Failure of the district to determine the limit of the funding needed; Absence of clarity of the voter materials; Revision of the financial calculations.
- Minn. districts overextended on contracts, officials say. Gamble, Cheryl // Education Week;2/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p21
Reports on the alleged misappropriation of school-budget increase by Minnesota school districts. Payment of teacher-salary increases; Collective bargaining with teachers' unions; Response from representatives of teachers.
- Facility Funding Slashed; Angry Critics Cry Foul. Bowman, Darcia Harris // Education Week;6/12/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p22
Reports reductions in Arizona's fiscal 2003 budget for schools districts. Creation of a lease-purchase program for schools districts; Introduction of educational accountability programs.
- Graham ISD looking to cut $1 million from budget. Rushin, Cherry // Graham Leader;6/26/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 90, p1A
The article reports on the plan of the Graham, Texas Independent School District (ISD) administration to cut 1 million U.S. dollars from its budget starting with the 2011 school year.
- Red Ink in Newark Mars State Takeover. Keller, Bess // Education Week;02/02/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p1
Deals with issues on the shortfall in the budget of the school system in Newark, New Jersey. Representation of the shortfall on the district's operating budget; Plan of action devised by state officials to close the gap in the budget; Impact of the problem on the district schools.
- Board looking at $9.63 million in budget cuts. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;1/18/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 3, pA1
The article reports that the Parkway School District in Missouri is proposing 9.63 million U.S. dollars in budget cuts over the next two school years amidst declining revenues and minimal future growth.
- School districts set budgets for new fiscal year. Flinchpaugh, Brian // St. Charles Journal;7/4/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 27, pA2
The article discusses the highlights of the budgets approved by the Fort Zumwalt, Francis Howell and Wetnzville school districts in Saint Charles, Missouri for the 2012-13 school year.
- School officials seek ways to reduce deficit. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;8/29/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 35, pA1
The article discusses the plans of the Collinsville School District in Illinois to form a committee to address the district's increasing budget deficit, and provides information on the budget problems faced by the district.