Panetta on Board
- April 28, 2011 Washington, D.C. // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);5/9/2011 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 157 Issue 19, p13
The article announces that Central Intelligence Agency Director Leon Panetta has been nominated by U.S. President Barack Obama to become the new defense secretary.
- April 28, 2011 Washington, D.C. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);5/9/2011 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 157 Issue 19, p13
The article announces the nomination of Leon Panetta to become the U.S. defense secretary.
- Panetta to come up for vote. Bennett, John T. // Hill;6/20/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 88, p26
The article reports that the U.S. Senate is likely to approve the nomination of Leon E. Panetta to be the next defense secretary.
- BRIEFLY. Youngman, Sam // Hill;1/6/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the doubts of the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee over President-elect Barack Obama's nomination of former California Representative Leon Panetta as director of the Central Intelligence Agency.
- Obama to Nominate Panetta to Succeed Gates, Patraeus to Succeed Panetta. // Military Technology;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p122
The article reports on the move of U.S. President Barack Obama to nominate Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director Leon Panetta to become the next Defense Secretary of the country.
- As Deficit Mounts, Davis Tries to Spare Schools. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;5/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the decision taken by Governor Gray Davis to revise budget plans for California in an attempt to protect schools from taxes while managing a budget deficit. Impact of Davis' refusal to suspend Proposition 98 on the concerns of educator; Effect of the budget proposal on...
- TOTAL RECALL. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p25
Discusses the possible implication of California's attempt to recall Governor Gray Davis, who have been blamed for budget deficits, for U.S. states. Budget deficit posted by the state; Number of states that allow recalls of state and local officials; Hurdles for placing a recall of a statewide...
- Current Topics in Brief. // International Debates;Feb2013, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p26
This section offers news briefs on current events in the U.S. as of February 2013. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced the lifing of the military's official ban on women in combat following a unanimous recommendation by the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Hearings regarding the nomination of former...
- National Security Team. // Army Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama has announced the nomination of Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director Leon E. Panetta as Secretary of Defense to replace Robert M. Gates who will retire on June 30, 2011.