U.S. Clears 2 Counties
- Consider resigning, governor. // Bay Area Reporter;6/19/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p6
Comments on the likelihood that state Republicans will gather enough signatures to force a recall of Democratic Governor Gray Davis in California in June 2003. Key issues of contention; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender...
- Governor Davis recall now appears to be likely. Friday, Wayne // Bay Area Reporter;6/19/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p9
Comments on the Republican-led effort to recall Democratic Governor Gray Davis of California in June 2003. Key issues of contention; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on state politics and government.
- Recall Ushers in Summer of Turmoil. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;7/14/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the signature campaign for the recall of California Governor Gray Davis. Lawsuits challenging the validity of the recall petition signatures and how they were collected; Estimated number of signatures certified by the Orange County's interim registrar of voters; Mechanics of the...
- Recall on, Log Cabin issues endorsements. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;9/25/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p3
Reports on a ruling by a panel of the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeal in September 2003 that the October 7, 2003 recall election of California Governor Gray Davis should continue. Reversal of an earlier decision by a panel to delay the vote; Log Cabin California's endorsement of Republican...
- BLUE GRAY. Neumayr, George // American Spectator;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the recall of California Governor Gray Davis. Economic conditions of California; Background on California's recall law; Rivals of Davis in the election.
- Plenty of GOP candidates for recall. Friday, Wayne // Bay Area Reporter;7/17/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p8
Reports and comments on political developments relevant to the gay community of California as of July 17, 2003. Involvement of the California Republican Party in the proposed recall election against Governor Gray Davis; Calls for a recall election against Secretary of State Kevin Shelley;...
- Why Biz Groups Are Staying on The Sidelines in Recall Campaign. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p43
The article discusses the stand of the business groups in the issue over the recall election of Governor Gray Davis in California. Reason behind the objection of some business organizations to the recall; Speculations on the consequences for anyone supporting the recall; Viable replacement of...
- THE FIGHT OF HIS LIFE. Locke, Laura A. // Time;6/16/2003, Vol. 161 Issue 24, p17
Focuses on the campaign to recall Governor Gray Davis in California as of June 16, 2003. View that a recall election is almost a certainty; Discussion of why Davis' approval rating has fallen to 27%; Number of valid signatures that recall proponents have to get by mid-July in order to have a...
- The Cost of Keeping Gov. Davis in Office. Heieck, Adam // Insight on the News;8/5/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p53
Comments on the implementation of a recall election for California Governor Gray Davis in August 2003. Cost of a special election to the state.