Money Market Outflows Down Last Week
- Municipal money market fund performance. // Bond Buyer;12/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30790, p8
Lists the best- and worst-performing municipal money market funds in the United States based on investment returns. Average rates of return and yield.
- Money market fund myths. Martin, Craig Geoffrey // Finance Week;07/23/99, p36
Debunks money market fund (MMF) myths in South Africa. Includes belief that fees are unimportant; Investment in the MMF offering the highest quoted yield; Absence of chance of capital appreciation or risk. INSET: The formula for the money market yield calculation is..
- Weekly Tax-Free Yields Rise to 0.64%. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p6
Reports that tax-free money market fund yields shot up nine basis points on an annualized basis to 0.64% in the U.S. during the week ended on August 23, 2004. First real spurt taken by tax-free fund yields since the Federal Reserve Board began raising interest rates; Analysis of pertinent topics...
- Tax-Exempts, Taxables Both Rise 1 Basis Point. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p6
Reports that tax-free money market funds' average seven-day yield rose by one basis point during the week ended October 11, 2004, to hit 1.00% on an annualized basis for the first time in nearly two years. Average yield for the funds; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues;...
- Rise in year-end redemptions put managers on alert. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;12/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30790, p9
Reports on the asset decline experienced by tax-exempt money market funds in the United States during the week from December 7, 1999, to December 13, 1999. Impact of a rate-tightening move by the US Federal Reserve Board in 2000; Investor redemptions as the end of 1999 approaches.
- Money Market Fund Holdings Increase. Jones, Dow // American Banker;1/30/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 20, p9
The article reports that the research firm Informa PLC stated that cash inflows into money market funds totaled $13.39 billion in the week ending January 27, 2009. Interest rate yields on tax-free and other money market funds fell to record lows of near 0.5 percent.
- Tax-Frees Rise 10 Basis Points to 1.97%. Jacobson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/23/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32224, p37
Reports on the rise in tax-free money market funds' average yield on an annualized basis, according to the data released by iMoney Net Inc. in the U.S.
- Tax Frees Stay on Their Record-Breaking Pace. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32885, p9
The article reports on the continued record-breaking performance of tax-free money market funds in the U.S. The seven-day average yield for the 549 tax-exempt funds dropped 39 basis points to 1.52% from 1.91% in the week before, while the average maturity decreased by one day to 22 days....
- Assets See Decline for First Week This Year. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32821, p29
The article provides information on the performance of tax-free money market funds in the U.S. for the first week ending February 18, 2008, based on the Money Fund Report. The market saw outflaws with a $10.41 billion decline during the period which caused assets to drop to $481.64 billion. The...