Senate Bill Expand QZAB Program, Help Small States
- Tough Transportation Talks. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31675, p1
Reports on negotiations by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee with other Senate panels charged with writing legislation, to renew the nation's surface transportation act in an attempt to find a way to use taxable tax-credit bonds as of July 11, 2003. Detail of a proposal by Charles E. Grassley,...
- Virginia Senate Panel to Weigh Transportation Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32071, p5
Reports on the discussion of the transportation bond proposal at a meeting of the Senate Finance Committee in Richmond, Virginia. Approval of the proposed transportation bonds by the U.S. House; Provisions of the bill; Advantages and drawbacks of the bill.
- Finance Bill Could Allow Gulf Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32856, p1
Reports on the assembly of U.S. Senate Finance Committee to consider its tax reconciliation bill in Washington D.C. Purpose of the proposed tax reconciliation bill to finance the private-activity bonding authority and additional advance refunding for hurricane-affected states; Estimated amount...
- Dems act fast on bioterrorism funds. Gardner, Jonathan; Lovern, Ed // Modern Healthcare;11/12/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p8
Reports on the passage of an economic recovery bill providing bioterrorism funding by the United States Senate Finance Committee in November 2001. Amount proposed to prevent bioterrorism; Overview of the bill; Details of the subsidy program for laid off workers provided by the legislation.
- Book buying bill in N.M. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;6/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 10, p74
Reports on the introduction of a bill in the Senate Finance Committee to provide $1.3 million to buy books for public libraries.
- Riders Drown Bill, But Proposed Cap, Credit Hikes Live. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p5
Reports on the United States Senate Finance Committee's postponement of action of community renewal legislation. Increase in the private-activity bond volume cap and the low-income housing tax credit; Provisions of the legislation.
- Senate Tax-Extender Bill Would Prolong QZABs, CREBs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/21/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32861, p4
The article reports on the tax-extender bill introduced by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee leaders during the third week of April 2008. The bill, introduced by Senators Max Baucus and Charles Grassley, contains several bond provisions including the expansion of the usage of qualified zone...
- A Move to 'BABify' Programs. Schroeder, Peter; Dutton, Audrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/12/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on the bipartisan jobs bill that would BABify four tax-credit bond programs drafted by the Senate Finance Committee leaders in the U.S. It mentions that the bill allows issuers to receive Build America Bond-type direct payments and would extend the transportation law as well...
- (SENATE) Baucus, Conrad Assure Seniors Healthcare Reform Legislation will be 'Budget Neutral'. // Aging News Alert;9/18/2009, p1
The article focuses on the impact of the proposed U.S. health care reform legislation on the U.S. budget. Controlling the cost of health care reform is a serious issue for many seniors, and an increasing number of them continue to oppose the legislative effort. However, U.S. Senate Finance...