MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, September 4
- Current Labor Statistics. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul2002, Vol. 125 Issue 7, p61
Presents statistics on the U.S. labor market, as of July 2002. Sources of information; Comparative indicators; Employment and unemployment data; Industrial productivity measures; International comparisons.
- Economic Ills. Stein, Lisa // U.S. News & World Report;8/12/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 6, p12
Discusses economic conditions in the U.S. as of August, 2002. Slow recovery following the recession; Growth in unemployment; Reduction in consumer spending; Concern about a double dip recession.
- Analysis: Summary of Economic Indicators. // Treasury Bulletin;Sep2004, p3
Provides information on the economic profile of the U.S. for the year 2004, with emphasis on the analysis of different economic indicators. Real gross domestic product (GDP); Growth of real GDP; Inflation; Employment and unemployment; Real disposable personal income and consumer spending;...
- Jobless Claims Rise 2,000 to 326,000. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32258, p2
Reports on the increase in first-time application for state unemployment in the U.S.
- Jobless Claims Down 6,000 to 310,000. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p2
Reports on the decline in first-time applications for state unemployment in the U.S.
- Jobless Claims Up 18,000 to 369,000. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p2
Reports on the increase of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the U.S. Decrease in the number of continued benefits; Growth in the unadjusted initial claims; Observation of the largest increase in initial claims in Florida.
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, December 2005. // Employment & Earnings;Jan2006, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the unemployment and employment rates in the United States for the year 2005. Employment growth in construction, mining, health care, professional and business services industries are significant. Employment was down in merchandise stores, transportation, warehousing...
- IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32448, p2
The article reports on news items concerning the U.S. economy and bond market as of August 18, 2006. U.S. Labor Department data has showed that first-time applications for state unemployment benefits declined 10,000 to 312,000 in the week ended August 12, 2006. The Conference Board reported that...
- Industrial Production Inches Up in July. Perris, Graig T. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32918, p2
Reports on the increase in production and capacity utilization at the factories, mines and utilities in the U.S. Percentage of the increase due to an increase in business equipment; Decline in the output of consumer goods and mining; Factors that contributed to the increase.