Muni Yields Fall 2-3 Basis Points; Issuers Price $500M of New Debt
- Munis Stand Fast and Stable as Treasuries Fall. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;7/6/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33544, p2
The article discusses the condition of the municipal market in the U.S. It states that the yields of the municipal market remained unchanged, while its two year yield ended at 0.42 percent for the 16th straight session. The treasury yield ended lower and were unable to help municipals on the...
- Cohoes, N.Y., Raised To Baa2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p2
The article reports on the ratings assigned by Moody's Investors Service to the city of Cohoes, New York's $1.85 million of general obligation refunding bonds. The agency assigned a Baa2 rating to Cohoes' bonds. Moody's has also upgraded to Baa2 from Baa3 the rating on the city's approximately...
- THE BOND BUYER TOP 10 E-Malied Stories. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33236, p8
The article offers news briefs related to municipal bonds in the U.S. Several municipalities in New York has pooled their bond issuance to take advantage of the Build American Bond (BAB). On December 15, 2009, Milwaukee has sold its qualified school construction bond issue worth 50 million...
- Novi, Mich., Debt Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p2
Reports on the municipal bond rating by Moody's Investor Service Inc. in Novi, Michigan. Upgrade of Moody's on the outstanding unlimited-tax general obligation debt of the city; Security on the city's limited-tax general obligation.
- Water-Sewer Upgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p31
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade Palm Beach County, Florida's water and sewer revenue debt.
- Yields Rise for 3d Consecutive Session; Retail Ends for $1.7B of California GOs. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p2
Municipal bond yields rose for the third consecutive session on June 18, 2003 as Treasuries plunged and several hefty deals totaling more than $1.5 billion came to market while underwriters concluded a retail order period on $1.7 billion of California general obligation bonds, with roughly $315...
- Calumet Park, Ill., Downgraded to A2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;2/25/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34065, p1
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded the rating on the village of Calumet Park, Illinois' outstanding general obligation bonds to A2 from A1 as of February 2014. It mentions that the downgraded ratings reflect the decline in the village's tax base value and...
- Rock Island, Ill. GOs Lowered Three Levels. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/25/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F328, p1
The article informs that American market research firm Moody's Investors Service has downgraded its rating for Rock Island County, Illinois general obligation debt from rating to Aa3 to A3 as of July 2014. Topics discussed include impact of downgrading on the 29 million U.S. dollars of general...
- Kettering, Ohio, Upgraded to Aa1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;1/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34242, p1
Moody's Investors Service said it has upgraded the rating on Kettering, Ohio's GO debt to Aa1 from Aa2.