A Thirst for Bonding
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/8/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 41, p31
Presents news briefs on banking and finance in the Middle East as of October 14, 2004. Plan of Citigroup to raise finance from the Washington-based Overseas Private Investment Corp. for the desalination plant in Algeria; Issuance of the preliminary information memorandum on the commercial debt...
- Sacramento Selling $78 Million for 911 Dispatch Center, Other Projects. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/5/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31713, p6
Reports that Sacramento, California plans to issue$78.1 million of lease-revenue bonds in the second week of September 2003 in a negotiated sale to build a new 911 dispatch center and finance sever other projects. Details of the sale of the new-money bonds; Revelation that a syndicate led by...
- Diversification gains. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/23/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p59
The article reports that the Saudi Arabian Mining Co. is opening up its financing to as broad a range of investors as possible. The company has devised a unique structure, calling on a wide pool of investors and partners to help bring the funds for the development of its projects in Saudi Arabia...
- ENR CONSTRUCTION WEEK. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/22/99-03/29/99, Vol. 242 Issue 12, p13
Presents news briefs from the construction industry for the week of March 22-29, 1999. Initial public offering of Enron Corp. subsidiary Azurix Corp.; Selection of Stone & Webster Inc. to build and operate a seawater desalination facility in Tampa Bay, Florida; Cause of a power failure in...
- State completes Sur financing. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/22/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 25, p33
The article reports on the completion of the financing for the Sur desalination plant in Oman. The project, which has the longest tenor of any project finance in the state, involved 22 years of financing that has been arranged by Societe Generale and Royal Bank of Scotland amounting to $173...
- State takes control of Ras al-Zour project. Maree, Karin // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/1/2009, Vol. 53 Issue 18, p12
The article reports that Saudi Arabia-based Saline Water Conversion Corp. (SWCC) is planning to finance the Ras al-Zour power and water scheme. SWCC will tender and finance the project that will be implemented on an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) basis. The Ministry of Finance...
- Tampa Bay Water Places $110M in Bonds for Desal. // Design-Build;Dec2001, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the bonds placed in private activity by Tampa Bay Water to help finance the desalination plant in Hillsborough County, Florida. Capacity of the plant; Schedule of the projects' completion; Developer and design-builder of the project.
- State Approves Bonds for Carlsbad Desalination Plant. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;2/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the 530 million-dollar bond money approved by the California state to the desalination project of Poseidon Resources in Carlsbad, California.
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;7/09/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31673, p12
Presents information on negotiated bond offerings of various companies in the U.S. as of July 2003. Tentative dates for the offerings; Lead manager of these companies.