The Arms Race In College Financing
- Research digest. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;05/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30649, p9
Presents updates related to municipal bond trading in the United States, as of May 26, 1999. Includes analysts James McGinley and David Jacovini's views on the value of various state bonds; Use of off-balance-sheet financing by universities to fund construction of residence halls.
- Triple-A Univ. of Michigan Prepares $220M for Capital Plan. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/27/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33406, p6
The article reports on the plan of the University of Michigan to sell 220 million-dollar worth of general revenue bonds in October 2010 as part of its 5.5 billion-dollar capital plan for 10 years.
- All municipal bond issues. // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/05/99, Vol. 65 Issue 14, p28
Lists investment banks in the United States ranked by municipal bond issues in the first quarter of 1999. Amount raised; Market share; Comparison with year-ago level.
- Sealed bids invited. Schneider, Ryan // Bond Buyer;07/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30193, p14
Presents a list of government agencies and local governments in the United States with invitations for investment banks to underwrite their bond quotations. Includes California's Oxnard School District; Texas' First Colony Utility District; Indiana's Clinton Prairie Industrial School Building Corp.
- Oklahoma universities resurrect $350 million bond plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p3
Reports that Oklahoma's public universities are asking Governor Frank Keating and legislative leaders to endorse a $350 million higher-education revenue bond request. Voter approval required for the cigarette tax hike to be used to repay the bonds; Allocation of the proceeds of the municipal bonds.
- Two Southern Universities Prepare Bond Sales for This Week. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p38
Highlights the higher education bond deals from southeastern U.S. that buyers can consider during the week of October 12, 2004. Insured bonds that will be sold for Kennesaw State University in Georgia; Plan of the Louisiana State University to price $49 million of Series 2004B auxiliary revenue...
- Cal St. Student Bonds Raised to A+ By S&P. // Bond Buyer;09/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30974, p2
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to upgrade its rating on California State University's outstanding student union revenue bonds. Rating assigned to the university's parking system revenue bonds.
- Cal State Hsg SPUR Raised to AA- By S&P. // Bond Buyer;09/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30974, p2
Reports on the rating assigned by Standard & Poor's to California State University's housing system revenue bonds Series AZ dated October 1 and due November 1, 2003.
- Judge: University's Religion too Pervasive for Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p42
Highlights the ruling of a United States District Court judge in Tennessee that a religiously-affiliated university cannot benefit from tax-exempt municipal bonds. Amount of bonds sold by Nashville Industrial Development Board in 1991 for Lipscomb University; Establishment Clause of the First...