High-Yield Market Just Won't Back Off
- ... while default outlook is bright. Braunschweig, Carolina // High Yield Report;10/18/99, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p3
Reports on the increase in default rates in the United States high yield market in the third quarter of 1999, according to a report by Moody's Investors Service.
- High Yield Gainers and Losers (as of 11/28/01). // High Yield Report;12/3/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p4
Lists the top and bottom companies with respect to the yield of their junk bonds, as of November 28, 2001.
- Fed Rate Hike Affects Market. Lyer, Savita // High Yield Report;05/22/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p4
Discusses the impact of the Federal Reserve's raising of interest rates on the secondary high yield bond market in May 2000.
- Fed meeting spurs issuers to action. // High Yield Report;06/28/99, Vol. 10 Issue 26, pN
Discloses the pressure on high yield issuers in the United States as a result of the anticipated increase in interest rates which is projected to make finding financing in the capital markets more difficult.
- The outlook for high yield in a rising interest rate environment. // Fundweb;11/12/2013, p9
The article examines the outlook for high-yield bond funds in the rising interest rate environment in 2013. According to James Gledhill, manager of the Axa Global High Income fund, global high-yield has performed well in 2013, partly because of its limited interest rate risk. Gledhill adds that...
- No More Mister Refi. Zwirn, Ed // Treasury & Risk Management;Dec/Jan2002, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p44
Reports on several factors that may cause a decline in the issuance of bonds in the United States in 2002. Interest rate cuts; Freeze on capital spending; Limitations on the issuance of junk bonds in the U.S.
- CDOs: Don't Skimp On The Swap. Hintze, John // High Yield Report;5/27/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p1
Investigates the effect on interest-rate swaps on collateralized debt obligations (CDO) in the U.S. Risk for investors in securitized credit; Implication of diversity issues for collaterized loan obligations; Details of high yield cash-flow arbitrage CDO transactions completed between 1997 and...
- Mutual funds: Mining the junk heap. // Consumer Reports;Jan2003, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p40
Discusses junk-bonds. Risks for investors; Effects of interest rates on bond funds; Comparison of junk-bonds with Treasury bonds; Explanation of what constitutes a junk-bond; How junk-bonds fit into investment portfolios; Recommendations for selecting junk-bond funds, including the importance...
- Bond Funds Get Complicated. WANG, PENELOPE // Money;Apr2011, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p50
The article discusses unconstrained bond funds, which seek to generate positive returns even when interest rates rise by investing in virtually any type of bond including junk bonds and emerging-market bonds. Several such funds have been launched, but investors should realize they're relatively...