Revived M&A Propels Loan Market
- Syndicated Loans for M&A Sink. Leibs, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;07/12/99, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the decline in syndicated loan issuance in the first quarter of 1999 for mergers and acquisitions. Percent decline in overall syndicated loan volume; Factors that contributed to the decline in syndicated loan issuance; Syndicated loan volume in the first quarter.
- BMO Shops Ad Venture Interactive TL. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;8/30/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p17
The article reports on a term loan worth 64 million U.S. dollars being marketed by BMO Capital Markets to finance Lake Capital's acquisition of Ad Venture Interactive.
- Leisure Ventures takes AIM. // Leisure & Hospitality Business;2/7/2002, p3
Reports on startup takeover vehicle Leisure Ventures' plans to float on the Alternative Investment Market to raise funds for its first acquisition. Targeting of small to medium size businesses; Offering of route to capital markets.
- 2000: Syndicated Loan Market Evolves. Garrity, Brian // Bank Loan Report;01/03/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Discusses how the syndicated loan finance evolved in the capital market. Culture of loan underwriting prior to the mid-1980s; Key changes in the syndicated loan market; Predictions of the demand for the syndicated loan product.
- Many Loans Trade Above Par in Secondary--But is the Rally Fundamental or is it Technical in Nature? S.I. // High Yield Report;5/5/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p7
Analyzes the performance of the U.S. secondary market for syndicated loans during the week ending May 5, 2003. Firming of loan values; Improvement on corporate profitability.
- Qatar tries again. Fine, Naomi // Middle East;Mar99, Issue 288, p38
Discusses the efforts of the Qatari government to attract foreign capital markets. Arrangement of syndicated loans for government-owned liquefied natural gas producer Qatar LNG in 1996; Issuance of its first international sovereign bond in 1998; Impact of the Asian financial crisis on capital...
- AES Powers to Market with M&A Loan. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/23/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p22
The article reports that AES, a power generation company, is on the market for a 1.05 billion U.S. dollars 7-year cov-lite term loan to finance its acquisition of DPL valued at 4.7 billion U.S. dollars. AES also plans to issue 800 million U.S. dollars revolving loan and 1 billion U.S. dollars in...
- Triad Prepares To Take On Quorum. Gregorio, Cesaltine // Bank Loan Report;01/15/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the syndication for a credit facility to support the acquisition of Quorum Health Group Inc. by Triad Hospitals Inc. Syndication and administration agent of the deal; Amount of the bank loan; Amount of pro-rata commitments sold during the initial round of syndication; Components of...
- CIT Finances Edmonton Oilers Acquisition. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/14/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 28, p12
The article reports that CIT Group Inc. in the U.S. has helped finance Rexall Sports Corp.'s acquisition of storied hockey franchise Edmonton Oilers with $100 million of senior debt. According to Gordon Saint-Denis of CIT, the $100 million senior secured loan to finance the purchase was fully...