Did the IRS Go Too Far With MCI?
- AT&T sues MCI, alleges deceptive telemarketing. // Marketing News;2/19/1990, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p7
The article focuses on the lawsuit filed by American Telephone & Telegraph Co. (AT&T) against MCI Communications Corp. for alleged deceptive telemarketing. AT&T also sued the telemarketing agent of MCI, Pioneer Teletechnologies, claiming that they stole some of its long-distance customers by...
- MCI, Pac Bell face off over codes. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;3/25/96, Vol. 230 Issue 13, p1
Presents information on the formal complaint lodged by MCI, United States against Pacific Bell, with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), in March 1996. Reason for the complaint; Implementation of area codes in the Bay Area and Sacramento, California; Comments from Tony DiTirro,...
- Cable & Wireless pipes up about MCI merger moves. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;06/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p14
Reports on the plans of Cable and Wireless PLC to fight the plans of MCI Communications Corporation to secure its $37 billion merger with WorldCom Incorporated. Information on the complaint filed by Cable and Wireless with the United States District Court for the District of Columbia; Reference...
- Ameritech/MCI: Saddle the PUC. Washburn, Brian // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p22
Reports friction between Ameritech and MCImetro since Ohio's public utility commission (PUC) gave permission on MCImetro's entrance into the local phone services. Area that to be covered due to the agreement; Commencement of the agreement; Information on the outcome of the companies differences.
- Shareholders at MCI may sue to cut their losses. Essick, Kristi // InfoWorld;09/01/97, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p57
Focuses on the plan of shareholders of MCI Communications to file a lawsuit against the company for renegotiating the terms of MCI's deal with British Telecommunications (BT) without their consent. MCI shareholders' reaction on BT's announcement that it will acquire MCI for 20 percent less than...
- Baby Bells lash at MCI for its local ad efforts. Cleland, Kim // Advertising Age;4/14/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on the backlash against MCI Communications Corp. by regional telephone companies for its advertising campaign for local service. Complaint filed by Ameritech Corp. with the US Federal Communications Commission; MCI's plan to offer combined services to business customers in certain...
- Black Workers Charge MCI With Discrimination. // Jet;3/18/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 13, p12
Reports that former African American and Hispanic employees of MCI filed complaints against the telecommunications company which alleged discrimination, and that they were denied permanent jobs and promotions because of their race.
- New QZAB Rule Would Clarify Steps to Correct Proper Use. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p5
Reports that the U.S. Treasury has proposed changes to the qualified zone academy bond (QZAB) program. Protection of the tax credit status of bonds; Effectivity of the proposed rule; Requirements to the QZAB program.
- MICHIGAN SITE-BASED CAD DEDUCTION. Nesi, Nicholas A. // CPA Journal;May2000, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p66
Deals with the court case Jefferson Smurfit Corp. versus the United States (US) Treasury Department that challenged the amendments to the capital acquisition deduction (CAD) regulation of Michigan. How the amendment violated the US Constitution according to Smurfit; Reasons the Michigan Court...