Co-Managers Strike Back
- Old Stigmas Hurt Renascent EM. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/19/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 20, p12
The search for yield in the post-Iraq war 2003 market is leading more and more investors towards the strengthening emerging markets, whose debt funds returned 6.31 percent in April 2003, higher than any other fixed-income fund class. But old stigmas and market nervousness are preventing this...
- Bond is Back. MARTIN, DANIEL // Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law;Jun2013, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p329
This article identifies some of the key issues and potential pitfalls for investors in distressed high yield assets in Europe over the next five years.
- Investors open wallets to secondary market, but why? C. M. O. // Private Placement Letter;3/22/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p5
CDO spreads are tight and a shortage of new issuance supply has helped drive investors into the secondary CDO market over the past year. Improved sell-side research and the evolution of products offered by the rating agencies, combined with the Bond Market Association's CDO committee and a...
- Copper canyon. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;6/25/2009, p26
In this article the author discusses the oscillating of prices in commodity in Great Britain. He notes the rate of revival in the financial market which is good news for investors. He adds that there is an increase in demand for corporate bonds with reduced yields. However, he mentions that...
- That's Rich: Majority of Secondary-Market Municipals Trading Above Par. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p5
Focuses on the impact of the municipal bond market on the investors. Effect of the bond prices on investors; Inclination of investors to premiums to maximize income; Protection of premiums from interest-rate risk.
- A penny for a gilt. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;10/15/99, p61
Focuses on the losses sustained by investors from the volatility of South Africa's bond market in 1999. Range of price fluctuations; Exercise rates for call warrants.
- Europe is the name of the game in high yield last week. LC // High Yield Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p4
Reports the performance of investors and business enterprises in the high yield market of Europe. Changes of the bond price of chemicals and plastics company, Huntsman Corp.; Differences in the dollar and euro tranches of PSINet; Euro deal of Level 3 Communications; High yield deals greater...
- Saybrook Capital Launches Distressed-Muni-Bond Fund. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p26
Reports on the launching of Saybrook Tax-Exempt Opportunity Fund II by Saybrook Capital LLC in the U.S. Commercialization of deteriorating credit quality in the municipal bond market; Investment in tax-exempt bonds; Acquisition of controlling positions for bond restructuring.
- Vultures circle emerging markets debt. Kandler, Sara // High Yield Report;09/14/98, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p1
Reports that investors in the emerging bond markets are shopping for emerging markets in Latin American and Russia, due the Mexican pesos crisis of 1994-95 and the Asian debt crisis. Trading of emerging markets debt by New York based Gramercy Emerging Markets Finance Ltd; Comments from...