- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p7
Presents information on various persons related to book publishing in the U.S. as of September 8, 2003. Appointment of Laurie Barnett as the editorial director of SparkNotes LLC; Resignation by the editor of "Poetry" magazine Joseph Parisi, from the post of executive director of publication and...
- People. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;9/15/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p1
Reports on career developments of executives in the consulting and publishing industry in the United States as of September 15, 2003. Addition of Michael Dunn as vice president of Hearst Interactive Media; Appointment of Geoffrey J. Hibner as chief financial officer of Banta Corp.; Selection of...
- Banta revamps, cuts 650 jobs. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;4/19/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 16, p11
Reports on publishing firm Banta Corp.'s implementation of a reorganization program that is expected to result in annual savings of $18 million to $20 million, beginning in 2000. Elimination of 650 positions; Closure of three facilities; Other initiatives launched by the company to improve...
- Book sales fall at Banta Corp. // Publishers Weekly;4/14/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 15, p20
Reports 1996 year-end financial news from Banta Corp.'s book group. Total revenue; The percentage that revenues fell; The percentage that books represented in the company's total revenue; To what Banta attributes its sales decline.
- Study Guides Battle Heats Up. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/16/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 7, p57
Reports on the growing battle of study-guide publishers as Barnes & Noble Inc.-owned Sparknotes has decided not to sell its books in any outlet not owned by the chain. Comments from Dan Weiss, Sparknotes publisher; Expansion of its classic novel line; Question facing Sparknotes on its...
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;02/05/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the financial performance of various publishing companies in the United States in 2000. Increase in net sales of Houghton Mifflin Co.; Rise in publishing revenues at AOL Time Warner Inc.; Sales growth at Banta Corp.
- R.R. Donnelley buys Banta for $1.3 billion. // Pulp & Paper;Dec2006, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p7
The article reports that R.R. Donnelley has outbid Cenveo to acquire Banta Corp. for $1.3 billion. According to the parties, the deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2007. Banta is a provider of printing and digital imaging services to direct marketers and publishers and has...
- Mixed Quarter for Printers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the financial performance of the book printers industry in the U.S. for the first quarter ended March 31, 2004. Issues of overcapacity and pricing faced by book printers; Increase in the printing and digital imaging segment of Banta Corp.; Improvement of sales in the educational...
- Industry Stocks: August Performances. // Publishers Weekly;9/5/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 35, p13
Presents a chart depicting the market performance of stocks owned by publishing companies in the U.S. in August 2005. McGraw-Hill Cos.; Banta Corp.; Audible.