Biology Textbooks Under The Microscope in Texas
- A five-member panel of the Texas State Board of Education has given final approval to more than $20 million in new, error-ridden U.S. history text-books. // Education Week;2/19/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p3
The article reports that the Texas State Board of Education Ad Hoc Committee on Textbooks has approved the contracts for history textbooks while requiring the publishers to correct the errors found before introducing to the students. The board has issued a fines against the publishers in the...
- State school board hikes high school graduation requirements. Sterling, Ed // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);11/30/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p2
The article offers news briefs related to events in Austin, Texas. The State Board of Education has increased the requirements for high school students entering two upgraded graduation programs next fall. The Texas Appraisal Tax Reform Commission held its final public hearing in November to...
- Social studies curriculum includes a list prominent figures of diverse backgrounds. Lowe, Gail // East Bernard Express (TX);2/4/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the decisions of State Board of Education (SBOE) that social studies curriculum standards would include the works and contributions of notable people like Cesar Chavez and Thurgood Marshall in Texas.
- HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION? Vine, Katy // Texas Monthly;Oct2008, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p158
A quiz about the Texas State Board of Education is presented.
- More Phonics Instruction Equals Higher Costs For Publishers On Texas Conforming List. // Educational Marketer;11/15/99, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the Texas State Board of Education's decision to include more phonics instruction in first grade readers.
- The price of liberty: education and eternal vigilance. Johnston, Peter // East Bernard Express (TX);11/13/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 46, p4
The article discusses the author's experience of running for the Texas State Board of Education and his opinions regarding education and liberty.
- Lawmakers May Consider Removing Texas PSF From Board of Ed Oversight. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p3
Discusses the possibility that the Texas Legislature could consider a proposal to take away the State Board of Education's oversight of the Texas Permanent School Fund (PSF). Aim to minimize role of politics in the management of the fund; Need to amend the constitution; Infighting among board...
- Appointment to state board given to Haskell teacher. Jill Druesedow. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);4/5/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1
The announces the appointment of English and journalism high schoolteacher, Jill Druesedow, to the Texas State Board for Educator Certification by Governmor Rick Perry.
- Daniel Boone Seeking Position on State Board of Education. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);11/4/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p2
The article reports on the announcement of retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Boone to run for a position in the State Board of Education of District 5 in Texas.