After Houghton Mifflin, Scholastic & McGraw-Hill, McGee Lands at Harcourt to Head New Division
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;9/18/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 37, p4
The article presents news briefs concerning the book industry in the U.S. as of September 2006. Harcourt Education has appointed Lloyd Waterhouse as its president and COO. Bookstore sales declined in July according to preliminary estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau. Internationally, sales in...
- In Cost-Cutting Measure, Harcourt Education Eliminates 350 of 3,000 Jobs Nationwide. // Educational Marketer;2/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the layoff of several employees of Harcourt Education Group in Orlando, Florida. Implementation of cost-cutting measures by the company; Number of employees accepting the voluntary separation offer of the company; Statistics on the revenue of the company.
- Harcourt Plays Catch-Up In E-Basal Textbook Alliance With Riverdeep. // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the strategic alliance between Harcourt Education Group and educational software publisher Riverdeep to develop electronic textbooks in the United States.
- Harcourt Education Promotes From Within to Fill School and HRW Posts. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p3
Reports on executive appointments made by Harcourt Education for its School Publishers and Holt Rinehart and Winston operations.
- Harcourt Education Performs for Reed Elsevier, Driving K-12 Education Revenue Up 79% in 2002. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the expansion of the revenue of Harcourt Education, the kindergarten-grade 12 division of Reed Elsevier PLC, in 2002.
- Testing Slump Knocks Harcourt Education's U.S. K-12 Revenue Down 6% in First Six Months. // Educational Marketer;8/18/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the decline in U.S. revenue of education at Harcourt Education Group in Orlando, Florida. Profit gained at Harcourt's U.S. schools and testing businesses; Optimism of Reed Elsevier chief executive officer Crispin Davis regarding the result; Rate of revenue at Pearson Education.
- Job Cuts Coming to Harcourt Education. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the decision of Harcourt Education to reduce its workforce, as of January 2003. Reasons for the decision; Details of the staff reduction program.
- Education cuts fight. Larkin, Jim // Printing World;12/9/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the fight of a union against Harcourt Education Group on job cuts in Oxford, England.
- Publishing veteran to Head New Harcourt Group. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 36, p10
Reports on the appointment of Julie McGee as CEO of Harcourt Supplemental, Professional and Trade in September 2003. Operations which will be handled by McGee; List of executives reporting to McGee; Career background of McGee.