SEX RESEARCH UPDATE
- Young and untested, HIV spread continues. // AIDS Alert;Aug2009, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p92
The article reports on the HIV screening for the high school students who are sexually active and had not been tested yet for HIV which may be the cause for the spread of the disease in the U.S.
- Knowledge and attitude, among high school and higher secondary students in a rural area of north Kerala, on HIV and its spread. Devaki Antherjanam, S.; Anitha, S. S.; Jayasree, A. K.; Karunakaran, Usha; Divakaran, Binoo; Suma; Alesh, O. P.; Thampuran, Kochunni // Nepal Journal of Epidemiology;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p1
An abstract of the article "Knowledge and attitude, among high school and higher secondary students in a rural area of north Kerala, on HIV and its spread," by S. Devaki Antherjanam and colleagues is presented.
- HIV prevalence among high school learners - opportunities for schools-based HIV testing programmes and sexual reproductive health services. // BMC Public Health;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p231
The article cites a research study that evaluates the HIV prevalence and explored the feasibility of HIV testing among high school learners in sub Saharan Africa. It is said that young girls in the region are reported to have higher rates of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection compared...
- HIV scare puts Mo. school in uncertain territory. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/30/2008, Issue 1088, p16
The article reports on the HIV testing conducted among the students at a suburban St. Louis high school in Normandy, Missouri, after an infected person reported to the health officials that as many as 50 teenagers are possibly exposed to the virus that causes AIDS.
- Progress stymied in reducing HIV-related risk behaviors among students. // Infectious Disease News;Sep2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p6
The article identifies trends in HIV-related risk behaviors among high school students, taken from the Youth Risk Behavior Survey.
- Applying the principles of knowledge translation and exchange to inform dissemination of HIV survey results to adolescent participants in South Africa. Nixon, Stephanie A.; Casale, Marisa; Flicker, Sarah; Rogan, Michael // Health Promotion International;Jun2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p233
It is widely accepted that researchers have an obligation to inform survey participants of research results. However, there is little evidence on the effectiveness of various dissemination strategies. The emerging field of knowledge transfer and exchange (KTE) may offer insight given its focus...
- Sexual behavioral pattern among students in Jos, Nigeria. James, Ameh; Ekwempu, Ada; Aigbokhae, Itohan; Ukatu, Nneka; Ujah, James // Retrovirology;2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 3, pP31
The article explores the sexual behavior of secondary education students and their awareness about HIV/AIDS in Jos, Nigeria. With the incidence of HIV infection being highest among young adults, it is important to find ways to motivate teenagers to the threat of infection seriously. With this...
- HIV-Related Knowledge and Behaviors Among High School Students--Selected US Sites, 1989. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/18/90, Vol. 264 Issue 3, p318
Presents selected data from surveys conducted by departments of education in the U.S. regarding HIV-related knowledge and behaviors among high school students. Percentage of students who reported having discussed AIDS or HIV infection with their parents or other adults in the family; Knowledge...
- The Coalition vs. Mean Girls. Brown, Lyn Mikel // New Moon;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p32
Provides information on a girls coalition in a junior high school in Winslow, Maine.