A Decade of Municipal Note Finance
- European FRNs Draw Mixed Response. S.H. // High Yield Report;5/31/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the lack of investor appetite for floating-rate notes in Europe.
- BUOYANT FLOATS. Andrews, Bruce // BRW;10/9/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p76
Reports on the increase in the number of floating rate notes in Australia. Best float for stag profits.
- Treasury 2-Year Floaters Auctioned with High Margin of 0.169%. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34636, p1
The Treasury Department Wednesday auctioned $13 billion of one-year, 10-month floating rate notes with a high discount margin of 0.169%, at a 0.170% spread, a price of 100.001782.
- New Jersey propels stranded-cost deals. F.M. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the stranded-cost securities transaction by the New Jersey-based energy provider and utilities company, Public Service Electric and Gas Co. Securitization plans by other electric utility companies; Offer of several classes of floating-rate notes.
- Market Focus: Floating-rate private deals garner new interest. E.H. // Private Placement Letter;5/6/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the floating-rate transactions of private placement investors as of May 2002.
- Prudential taps Synthetic Securities with floating-rate trust receipts. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p37
Reports on Prudential Securities Inc.'s sale of synthetic securities with floating-rate trust receipts. Bank of New York's liquidity support for Prudential's trust receipts; Residual portion's targeting of tax-exempt bond funds.
- Wisconsin's $50 million note sale shows preference for short-term paper. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30529, p7
Reports that Wisconsin will sell $50 million of general obligation variable-rate notes in December 1998 under a commercial paper program launched in 1997. Funding of construction projects that have traditionally been funded with fixed-rate debt; Interest rate; Attractiveness of the transaction;...
- High Yields Will Be a Stretch for New U.S. Debt. CLARK, KIM // Money;Jan2014, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p19
The article looks at saving and investment as of 2014, reporting on a new security being created by the U.S. Treasury Department, the floating-rate note (FRN), which will be for sale beginning in late January 2014, and saying that consumers can find better rates of return in online bank accounts.
- Worldwide MTN Volume Climbs in Third Quarter. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/02/98, Vol. 64 Issue 44, p14
Reports on the worldwide medium-term note (MTN) volume for the third quarter of 1998. Worldwide public MTN programs between January 1, 1998 to September 30, 1998; Worldwide public MTN programs between July 1, 1998 and September 30, 1998; Public MTN programs in the United States for the quarter;...