New Hampshire Governor Approves $8.8 Billion Budget for Two Years
- The new governor still has to fill in the blanks. Jacobson, Alf // New Hampshire Business Review;1/24/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p9A
Comments on the political agenda of Governor Craig Benson in New Hampshire. Failure of the Benson to deliver a formal public speech; Political theme of Benson; Analysis on the use of the word â€˜entrepreneurâ€™ by Benson.
- Think Fast. // New Hampshire Business Review;1/24/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p14B
Reports on the interchanges on the introduction of New Hampshire governor Craig Benson during the inaugural ceremony at the State House in the U.S.
- States of Frustration. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Jan2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p26
Evaluates the performance of governors in the U.S. who took office in year 2002. Complaints of legislators against New Hampshire Governor Craig Benson; Budget problems facing governors; Status of the public approval ratings of governors.
- Cost consciousness. // New Hampshire Business Review;4/18/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p22B
Reports on an unusual item in New Hampshire governor Craig Benson's proposed state budget pointed out by outgoing 'The Union Leader' State House bureau chief Tom Fahey. Initiative rewarding state employees for their money-saving ideas.
- No-name dropping. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/6/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p14B
Focuses on the statement of New Hampshire Governor Craig Benson on the issue of comparing his leadership standards with past governors of the state.
- Cabletron Founder Wins New Hampshire Primary. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;9/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p36
Focuses on the victory of former cable-equipment executive Craig Benson in the Republican nomination for New Hampshire governor.
- What's clear, and what isn't, about proposed budget. Cook, Brad // New Hampshire Business Review;3/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p9A
Focuses on the proposed budget of Governor Craig Benson in New Hampshire. Demand of the voters for no tax increases; Need to address the budget deficit; Proposal for a medical malpractice reform.
- Benson's legacy: What a short, strange trip it's been. Mosca, Ed // New Hampshire Business Review;12/10/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p11A
Discusses the legacy to be left by Craig Benson as governor of New Hampshire. Criticism of Benson for failing to fix the Claremont education funding issue through a constitutional amendment; Benson's enactment into law a budget that contained even higher spending than the budget he had vetoed;...
- Benson boosts golf club mortgage to $16.6 million. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;9/5/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p1A
Reports on the assistance of Governor Craig Benson to the increasing golf course mortgage in New Hampshire. Approval of the loan amendment; Impact of Benson's limited partnership with Soft Draw Investments on the increase of its mortgage of New England; Need for fund to finish the golf course's...