THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Texas Lawmakers to Consider Bonds for Highways, Hospitals. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31045, p36
Reports on a proposed bond legislation in Texas. Spending estimates for prisons and medical care; Payment of the state for highway construction; Effects of economic growth on entities providing health services to indigent and uninsured Texans.
- Rep. Bliley may cause delay to muni utility bond bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30675, p5
Reports on the proposed Bond Fairness and Protection Act bill in the United States. Provisions of the bill; Sale of tax-exempt bonds for distribution and transmission facilities.
- La. lawmaker's bills take aim at LPFA student-loan bonds. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30613, p3
Reports on bills related to bonds in Louisiana as of April 6, 1999. Louisiana Public Facilities Authority's student-loan bonds; Pension obligation bonds; Debt referendum requirements.
- California bills would change school bonds' voting rules. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30537, p1
Reports that California legislators have introduced half-dozen major bond-related bills. Bond issues proposed; State general obligation park bond; Lowering of the voter threshold for local school bonds.
- Arkansas Lawmakers to Consider Bond-Influencing Bills. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31041, p3
Reports on bond-influencing deals in Arkansas. Raising taxes at the state level; Retainment of public school teachers; Details of constitutional amendments proposed.
- Camden's Past Is Present. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31804, p1
Reports on the selection of a broker-dealer fined by securities regulators and a firm which lacks security registration for revitalization bond issue of Camden regulation. Terms of the deal; Threat of managers to affect the Camden's progress for decades; Contribution of firm's chief executive...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE. STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;4/23/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33701, p16
Summaries are presented of several including HR 992, Build America Bonds to Create Jobs Now Act of 2011, HR 344, the Fiscal Responsibility Effective Enforcement, FREE Act and HR 278 related to issuance of bonds.
- Colorado House Committee OKs Issuance of MSA-Backed Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32366, p35
The article reports on the approval of the Colorado House Finance Committee of the bill that would allow the state to issue about 683.5 million of bonds. The bond will be supported by the state's share of the Master Settlement Agreement in 1998. The bill is now submitted to the House...
- New U.K. Covered Bond Regime Uncovered. O'Connor, David // Asset Securitization Report;7/7/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p17
The article offers information on the 2008 Regulated Covered Bond Regulations of Great Britain. According to the author, the new legislation allows British credit institutions to issue covered bonds with compliance with the undertakings for collective investments in transferable securities...