- Alabama Agency, Pennsylvania Contribute $1.8B to $10B Slate. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbel, Dakin // Bond Buyer;12/3/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32765, p6
The article reports on the competitive offerings from Alabama and Pennsylvania in December 2007. The Alabama Public School and College Authority will sell $1.1 billion of capital improvement bonds. Pennsylvania will competitively sell $706 million of new-money and refunding general obligation...
- South Carolina Polishing Off GO Authorization With $105M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31799, p4
Focuses on the sale of the general obligation (GO) bonds by the triple-A rated South Carolina marking the last deal from a GO authorization approved by the Legislature in 2001. Worth of the bond sold by the government of South Carolina; Total of the authorization; Issuance of GO for capital...
- Double Deals. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;4/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32366, p39
The article reports on the issuance of deals of two municipalities with competitive bond sales to pay off bond anticipation notes issued for capital improvement projects funding purposes in New Jersey. The Union City will issue about 15 million dollars of debt in a present refunding of notes....
- Moody's Upgrade in Hand, Honolulu to Sell $250M for Capital Improvements. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31683, p6
Reports that the city and county of Honolulu will issue capital improvement general obligation bonds worth $250 million on July 29, 2003, following their upgrade by Moody's Investors Service Inc. from Aa3 to Aa2. Implication of the upgrade of bonds for Honolulu's economic performance; Comments...
- D.C. Agency's $1.8B Capital Plan Includes Debt for Lead Pipes. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31946, p3
Reports on the plan of the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority to sell tax-exempt bonds to fund its capital improvement plan that includes a multimillion-dollar plan for replacing some of the district's lead-contaminated water pipes. Description of the tax-exempt transaction; Plan of...
- Austin Plans Slightly Bigger Issue To Cover a Laundry List of Needs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p3
Reports on Austin, Texas' plans to issue bonds on August 30, 2001, to fund capital projects. Features of the bond deal; Examples of projects to be funded using proceeds from the deal.
- Birmingham GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p29
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds for capital improvement projects in Birmingham, Alabama. List of projects recommended by the City Council; Release of Go bond referendum; Value of bonds issued.
- Illinois considers creative bonding deals. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p28
Announces that Illinois is considering various funding options to help pay for capital improvements proposed by Governor George Ryan's infrastructure task force. Issuance of grant anticipation notes for various transportation projects; Possible use of funds from the national tobacco settlement.
- Dealing with debt. Pringle, Curt // Orange County Business Journal;03/09/98, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p46
Opinion. Presents the author's view about bonds and the prioritization of capital investment. Costs of borrowing money to pay for a capital project; Troubling about the current bond debt.