- Mich. Governor Names Detroit Manager. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;2/11/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p5
This article announces that Robert C. Bobb has been named the emergency fund manager for the Detroit, Michigan, public schools.
- Detroit to Close 32 Schools To Help Shrink Budget Gap. // Education Week;6/16/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p4
The article focuses on an announcement by Robert C. Bobb, the emergency financial manager of the Detroit, Michigan school district, concerning the closure of 32 public schools in 2010 due to a budget deficit.
- Detroit Official Soothes Bankruptcy Speculation. // Education Week;8/12/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p4
The article reports a statement by the Detroit, Michigan public school system that, despite previously voiced concerns, the district is not headed towards bankruptcy. In July 2009, Robert C. Bobb, the district's emergency financial manager, met with lawyers to discuss the possibility of...
- Choosing an executor. Hochberg, R. Mark // FW;2/1/94, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p72
Offers suggestions for choosing an executor when formulating an estate plan. Trustworthiness; Competence in running a business interest for whatever duration; Having the necessary resolve for the job; Ability to defend the estate against claims; Making substantial tax elections; Other functions...
- Decline and Fall. Aarons, Dakarai I. // Education Week;8/12/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p24
The article profiles Robert C. Bobb, the emergency financial manager of the Detroit, Michigan public school system. It notes that he was appointed to the position after the school district failed to end its deficit spending. Particular focus is given to the lack of communication between Bobb and...
- Emergency Manager To Stay On in Detroit. // Education Week;11/4/2009, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p4
The article reports an announcement by Robert C. Bobb, emergency financial manager of the Detroit, Michigan, public schools, that he will stay on for a second year to continue the work he was hired to do. Bobb was appointed in March 2009 by Governor Jennifer Granholm to address the district's...
- Administrator Sets Longevity Record. Newton, Jim // Public Management (00333611);Jun2003, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p27
Profiles Ken Marabella, village administrator in Mundelein, Illinois. Career background; Contribution to village developments; Comments on the prices of housing and options.
- Top 10 skills for success. // Secretary;Feb97, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p21
Presents information on the 10 areas which administrators should focus on to influence job success. Importance of adjustment to change; Identification of characteristics which enable success; Improvement of work processes and skills.
- CRITICAL ISSUES FACING PERSONNEL ADMINISTRATORS TODAY. Hunt, Thelma // Public Personnel Management;Nov/Dec74, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p464
Focuses on the critical issues facing personnel administrators in the U.S. Specificity and job relatedness of test labelling and content; Issues on the validity of the examinations; Decremental role of psychologists in the personnel field.