Vermont Approves Embattled Fletcher Allen Health's $579 Million Budget
- Regional News. // Modern Healthcare;5/19/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p38
Presents an update on health-related issues in the U.S. as of May 2003. Closure of the Mary McClellan Hospital in Cambridge, New York; Lawsuit filed by York Hospital and Wentworth-Douglass Hospital against Maine Department of Human Services; Plan of Fletcher Allen Health Care to improve its...
- ONE HOSPITAL'S MANAGED CARE MAKEOVER. Foti, Silvia Kucenas // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/20/95, Vol. 69 Issue 24, p79
Reports on the trend among teaching hospitals in Vermont of landing managed care contracts to survive the competition prevailing in the health care environment. Merger of University of Vermont with other medical centers to form Fletcher Allen Health Care; Terms under consolidation.
- Teaching hospital survives scare, but learns a valuable lesson. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;08/04/97, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p5
Reports on US Department of Health & Human Services Inspector General June Gibbs Brown's decision to halt 16 of 49 Physicians at Teaching Hospital (PATH) audits. Cost of the audit to hospitals; Focus of the PATH audits; Fletcher Allen Health Care's preparation for an audit.
- Big plans lead to big trouble. Fong, Tony // Modern Healthcare;2/17/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p17
Provides information on the problems faced by the management of Fletcher Allen Health Care concerning the costs of the hospital's expansion project in Burlington, Vermont. Budget approved by the state's regulators for the expansion in 2000.
- Vermont Hospital takes first steps toward $135 million expansion. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;06/03/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30654, p36
Focuses on the expansion plans for Fletcher Allen Health Care's teaching hospital at the University of Vermont in Burlington. Issuance of hospital revenue bonds by the company.
- Moody's Lowers Fletcher Allen Health Care. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p4
Reports on the reduction in the rating assigned to the bond issues of Fletcher Allen Health Care Inc. by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Vermont. Amount of the bonds affected by the rating; Projections of Moody's on the bonds of Fletcher Allen; Factors causing the downgrade of the rating.
- Taking the Pledge...: The Healthy Food in Health Care movement has grown dramatically as cultural forces put more emphasis on healthy eating. // Food Management;Mar2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p8
The article offers information on the Healthy Food in Health Care (HFHC) movement in the U.S. It mentions that there are more that 250 medical care institutions and companies have adhered to the said movement. In addition, the HFHC pledge aims to suggest sustainable dishes as well as healthy...
- Vermont Hospital Tries to Repair Damages of Scandal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31519, p40
Reports on steps taken by Vermont Hospital to repair damages done by the previous management, which include the revelation of actual cost of Burlington hospital expansion. Approval for Fletcher Allen Health Care's Renaissance Project; Fletcher Allen's preparation of original certificate of...
- Late News. // Modern Healthcare;8/5/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p4
Presents news briefs on the U.S. health care industry as of August 2002. Reason for the decision of Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington, Vermont to place chief executive officer William Boettcher on paid administrative leave; Acquisition of Lock Haven Hospital in Pennsylvania by Community...