House Keeps Amtrak's $900M Price Tag, for Now
- House aide outlines ISTEA. // Traffic World;12/02/96, Vol. 248 Issue 9, p13
Speculates on the probability that the US Congress will support the bill that will keep the mass transit share of the Highway Trust Fund. Debate over the reauthorization of truck sizes and weights; Restructuring of Amtrak; Possibility of the US Senate's tackling of railroad safety issues.
- Panel Chairman Lauds Request to States and Localities to Share Funding Burden. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31834, p5
Reports that Congressman Ernest Istook Jr. has praised the transportation portion of U.S. President George W. Bush's fiscal 2005 budget. Request for states and localities to contribute more for local projects; Reform of the Amtrak rail service; Bush's request for highway funding.
- Amtrak CEO Seeks Expanded Transportation Fund. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/30/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34052, p1
The article reports on the statement made by railroad service provider Amtrak chief executive officer (CEO) and president Joe Boardman on the need to replace the rapidly depleting federal Highway Trust Fund (HTF) with a surface Transportation Trust Fund that can invest in rails, highways and...
- House Transportation Panel Passes Bills Funding Amtrak, Rail Projects. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31383, p5
Reports the approval of the legislative bill for railway projects by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Allocation of funds for Amtrak Corp.; Provisions of the bill; Sources of funds.
- Highways: Bill may widen uses of work zone safety aid. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the proposed House Legislation by the New York-based Republican Jack Quinn and Democrat Nick Rahall which could grant more flexibility in the usage of federal highway safety funds. Significance of work zone safety in the legislation.
- Rauscher to deliver debt feasibility study on $1 billion, Austin-area highway proposal. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;9/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30232, p3
Reports on Rauscher Pierce Refsnes Inc.'s plan to complete a financial feasibility study on September 19, 1997, which outlines the bonding potential of a proposed Austin, Texas-area highway. Cost of the highway project; Creation of commuter rail district to oversee construction of a...
- Senators issue call to arms on highway bill; House passes four-month extension of TEA-21. // Pit & Quarry;Mar2004, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p48
Reports that U.S. legislators have pressed for the quick passage of the TEA-21 reauthorization bill, which provides funding for highways and mass transit. Key leaders of the reauthorization effort; Response of supporters to concerns over the bill.
- Washington Observer. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/11/2003, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p13
Presents news briefs related to legislative bills in the U.S., as of August 11, 2003. Introduction of a bill by Senate Republicans to give the railroad company Amtrak $60 billion over six years for capital and operating expenses; Efforts made by Senator Frank Lautenberg, Democrat from New...
- Going Whose Way? Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p1
Reports on the uncertainty related to the approval of the pending legislation to provide rail service provider Amtrak Corp. billions of dollars bond funding. Several proposals of Amtrak under consideration before the U.S. Congress; Overview of the tax-credit bond legislation; Several...