Munis Up 8 Basis Points; Treasuries Advance as Non-Farm Payrolls Fall
- Market Post: Munis Up Tempo as Treasuries Rally. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;10/23/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34000, p1
The article reports that the increase in the U.S. treasuries has positively impacted the tax-exempt municipal bond traders after the announcement made by the government regarding its economic data as of October 23, 2013. It states that private payrolls has increased to 126,000 in October 2012...
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Higher; Jobs Report Hints at Slower Recovery. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p2
Reports the increase of the municipal bond prices in the U.S. as of April 2002. Market gains of the Treasury bonds; Estimation of the growth of non-farm payrolls; Increase of the unemployment rate.
- Market Close: Muni Yields Drop As Treasuries Stabilize. Bonello, Maria; Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;4/7/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34088, p1
The article reports that municipal bond yields has dropped with the stabilization of government securities in the U.S, securities market as of April 7, 2014. Topics discussed include the impact of an unemployment report on the market performance, the increase in nonfarm payrolls and information...
- Munis Firmer Amid Weaker Jobless Claims. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/19/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32737, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market for the week ending October 18, 2007 in the U.S. Thursday, the municipal market was slightly firmer, following Treasuries, which saw yields dropped as initial jobless claims came in weaker than expected. Trades reported by the...
- Munis Soften as Treasuries Decline On Strong Data, Supply Concerns. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p2
Assesses municipal bond markets. Performance of the manufacturing and the non-manufacturing indexes; Increase in municipal yields; Rate of unemployment. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, February 4.
- Most Bond Buyer Indexes Down; Terror Concerns Cited. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p36
Reports that "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes mostly fell due to decreasing supply in the United States. Effect of reports of terrorist threats on municipal bond; Impact of jobless claims on the bond market; Revenue bond index.
- FRIDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p1
This article presents graphs on municipal bond rates of return.
- Municipal Bond Index. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p35
Presents statistics for Municipal Bond Index for 40 bonds in the U.S. market as of February 5, 2002. Maturity date for the bonds; Yield to par call value for the issues; Conversion factor and converted prices for each bond.
- Bond Buyer Indexes. // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p42
Presents a market statistics highlighting average yield for municipal bonds in the United States as of October 01, 2001. Rating of various bonds.