NEWS IN BRIEF
- Thursday's Market: Munis Soften Along With Treasuries Ahead of Independance Day Holiday. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p2
Reports on various developments in the U.S. bond market on July 06, 2003. Rise in the non-manufacturing index of the June Institute of Supply Management; Decline in non-farm payrolls; Jobless claims made by the public for the said week.
- Trading with pivot points. BHANDARI, BRAMESH // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Feb2015, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p40
The article shares the author's insights on the need of support and resistance levels for equity markets in the U.S. The author outlines the methods used by business traders in finding the areas of equity markets including past areas of interest, computerized trading models and trading and swing...
- Prices Up on Surprisingly Low Payrolls Number. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p2
This article discusses April 2006 labor market indicators that impact the bond market in the U.S. Tax-exempt securities yields went down as prices increased. Individual elements of payrolls report cancel each other out when viewed from an interest rate perspective. Unemployment rate remained at...
- Low Non-Farm Data Leaves Munis Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32561, p2
The article focuses on the unchanged municipal market, specifically in its non-farm payrolls in the U.S. This trend could be attributed to its lower-than-than-expected payrolls data in the month. It was found out that the trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board Friday were...
- Munis, Treasuries Firm as Bid Side Improves and Rally Is Extended. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32024, p2
The article reports on the market position of the Municipal bonds and Treasuries. The Municipal bonds got firmed along with Treasuries, as participants continued to make higher bids, allowing the market to extend its impressive rally that was ignited by a weaker-than-expected November 2004...
- Cash-settled futures market launched in Europe. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;3/6/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p18
The article reports that Europe has launched its new cash-settled futures market on March 1, 2006, a month since the launch of iboxx 50 index. The futures market aims to give investors and issuers cheaper access to risk and create more secondary liquidity. The ABS-50 component bonds are...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;9/4/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33973, p17
Statistics are presented related to the U.S. credit market as of September 4, 2013 including Securities Prices, short-term tax-exempt yields and general obligation yields.
- Middle East bond market to match 2010 levels. HAMID, TRISKA // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/17/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 24, p20
The article reports that the Middle East bond market has the potential to exceed 40bn dollars in 2011 as there were 64 bond issuances in 2010 across the Middle East & North Africa (Mena) region.
- Competitive Bond Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;1/9/2015, p1
A chart is presented that depicts competitive bond sales in the U.S. including issuer, insurer and Standard & Poor's 500 Index.