METHODOLOGICAL TECHNIQUES FOR DEALING WITH MISSING DATA
- REPORTED ALCOHOL USE AND PERCEPTION OF USE AMONG EARLY ADOLESCENTS. Brown, Stephen L.; Teufel, James A.; Birch, David A.; Raj, Sujan; Izenberg, Neil; Lyness, D'Arcy; Kancherla, Vijaya // American Journal of Health Studies;2007, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p33
This study investigated associations of self-reported alcohol exposure among early adolescents with normative belief, motivational, and environmental influences. Data were obtained, via anonymous, electronic keypads, from 690 4-8 graders, visiting six health education centers. Multivariate...
- National Standards for Health Education. // Scholastic Choices (Teacher's Edition);May2003, Vol. 18 Issue 8, pT5
Focuses on the national standards of health education.
- Psychometric properties of the OLQ-13 scale to measure Sense of Coherence in a communitydwelling older population. Naaldenberg, Jenneken; Tobi, Hilde; van den Esker, Franciska; Vaandrager, Lenneke // Health & Quality of Life Outcomes;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p37
Background: With the ongoing demographic shift, the quality of life and health promotion among older individuals are becoming increasingly important. Recent research suggests that Sense of Coherence positively affects quality of life. Hence, a valid and reliable measurement of Sense of Coherence...
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN OSTEOPOROSIS PREVENTION PROGRAM USING THE HEALTH BELIEF MODEL. Turner, Lori W.; Hunt, Sharon B.; DiBrezzo, Ro; Jones, Ches // American Journal of Health Studies;2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p115
Osteoporosis is a crippling condition that often results in premature mortality and significant morbidity that is manifested in the form of fractures, bone deformity, and pain. Osteoporosis is a serious public health problem that affects 25 million people in the United States, 80% of whom are...
- Parents' Guide To Immunization. // Child Health Alert;Nov2003, Vol. 21, p5
Deals with the minor revisions to the patient education sheets of the Immunization Action Coalition in November 2003.
- Two Ways In Which The Reality Of ICANTDOIT Might Be Surmounted. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);8/17/2007, Issue 396, p3
The article comments on the possibilities of making companies concerned about unhealthy lifestyles of employees at workplace by wellness initiatives. It is opined that, for most of the employees, the work routine by itself is nearly enough to discourage and defeat healthy lifestyles. It is...
- NEWS. // Health Education Research;Sep1986, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p213
This article presents information on congresses and conventions related to health education in different parts of the world. A Symposium on the Prevention of Alcohol Misuse among Children and Young People will be held on 25-26 February 1987 at the I.A.S. Conference Center, London. The central...
- Editor's Notes. O'Donnell, Michael P. // American Journal of Health Promotion;May/Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, pvi
The article discusses various requirements to be taken into consideration before or for the formation of a strategic plan on how to develop the basic and applied science of health promotion. Three basic elements required being a research agenda to identify the important questions that should be...
- Where Is Health Education? Thelander, H. E. // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct1973, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p582
Focuses on health education in elementary, high school and college in the U.S. Deficienty of health education; Role of pediatricians in health education.