FAITH: A PROJECT IN BUILDING COMMUNITY CAPACITY
- Participation and Involvement--Crucial Ingredients. // American Journal of Public Health;Oct75 Supplement, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p9
Participation and involvement help to insure the success of an educational program. Most people want to control their own destinies, and in a democratic society such as ours this is an accepted way of working. Learning is a process of choosing on the basis of experience from a variety of...
- National Standards for Health Education. // Scholastic Choices (Teacher's Edition);May2003, Vol. 18 Issue 8, pT5
Focuses on the national standards of health education.
- Capturing complexity: integrating health and education research to inform health-promoting schools policy and practice. Rowling, Louise; Jeffreys, Vicki // Health Education Research;Oct2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p705
Despite the intersectoral nature of health promotion practice many programs limit their evidence base to health sector research and do not draw on evidence from other sectors' research in program design. To help ensure programs are relevant and acceptable to intersectoral partners and intended...
- Nursing students engage with communities. // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p33
Explores a collaboration organised by the nursing school at Edith Cowan University (ECU), regional health services and local councils in Perth, Australia, in which students have developed health promotion campaigns. Success of the program, according to ECU clinical coordinator Rosemary Saunders.
- DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN OSTEOPOROSIS PREVENTION PROGRAM USING THE HEALTH BELIEF MODEL. Turner, Lori W.; Hunt, Sharon B.; DiBrezzo, Ro; Jones, Ches // American Journal of Health Studies;2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p115
Osteoporosis is a crippling condition that often results in premature mortality and significant morbidity that is manifested in the form of fractures, bone deformity, and pain. Osteoporosis is a serious public health problem that affects 25 million people in the United States, 80% of whom are...
- Parents' Guide To Immunization. // Child Health Alert;Nov2003, Vol. 21, p5
Deals with the minor revisions to the patient education sheets of the Immunization Action Coalition in November 2003.
- Two Ways In Which The Reality Of ICANTDOIT Might Be Surmounted. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);8/17/2007, Issue 396, p3
The article comments on the possibilities of making companies concerned about unhealthy lifestyles of employees at workplace by wellness initiatives. It is opined that, for most of the employees, the work routine by itself is nearly enough to discourage and defeat healthy lifestyles. It is...
- NEWS. // Health Education Research;Sep1986, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p213
This article presents information on congresses and conventions related to health education in different parts of the world. A Symposium on the Prevention of Alcohol Misuse among Children and Young People will be held on 25-26 February 1987 at the I.A.S. Conference Center, London. The central...
- Editor's Notes. O'Donnell, Michael P. // American Journal of Health Promotion;May/Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, pvi
The article discusses various requirements to be taken into consideration before or for the formation of a strategic plan on how to develop the basic and applied science of health promotion. Three basic elements required being a research agenda to identify the important questions that should be...