FROM EPHEDRA TO CREATINE: USING THEORY TO RESPOND TO DIETARY SUPPLEMENT USE IN YOUNG ATHLETES
- BENEFITS OF NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS DOCUMENTED. // Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p29
Reports on the release of a report documenting the importance of nutritional supplements by the Council for Responsible Nutrition, based in Washington, D.C. Role of nutritional supplements in both health promotion and disease prevention.
- CONFIRMING THE RELIABILITY OF A THEORY-BASED QUESTIONNAIRE. Bartee, R. Todd; Grandjean, Burke D.; Bieber, Stephen L. // American Journal of Health Studies;2004, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p175
The purpose of this paper is to describe the process of confirming the reliability of the Survey to Predict Adolescent Athletes' Dietary Supplement Use (SPAADSU). The SPAADSU is based on the Theory of Reasoned Action, which has three major constructs: 1) attitude towards the behavior in...
- Editorial: Supplements and sport: Part 1. Bosch, Andrew // International SportMed Journal;2007, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
The article introduces discussions which deal with the use of dietary supplements by athletes.
- Erratum. // International Journal of Sport Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism;Oct2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p607
Presents a correction to the article "Nutritional Supplement Use Among College Athletes and Their Sources of Information' that was previously published in the February 2004 issue of "IJSNEM."
- BECAUSE YOU RIDE. // Bicycling;Jul2004, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p38
Presents information on the number of Firecracker Pops a cyclist can eat after a bicycle ride..
- ARE YOU OVERVITAMINED? Yeager, Selene // Bicycling;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p98
Focuses on the disadvantages of dietary supplements use by athletes according to sports nutritionist Leslie Bonci of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pennsylvania.
- THE `POWERLINE' VIEW ON Creatine. Riley, Dan; Arapoff, Jason // Coach & Athletic Director;Nov1998, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p12
Provides information on creatine, a food supplement used by athletes. Importance of creatine for the body; Sources of creatine; Benefits of creatine supplementation; Side effects of creatine supplementation; Philosophy in the area of creatine supplementation.
- THE INFLUENCE OF SIGNIFICANT OTHERS ON ATTITUDES, SUBJECTIVE NORMS AND INTENTIONS REGARDING DIETARY SUPPLEMENT USE AMONG ADOLESCENT ATHLETES. Eddy, James M.; Wang, Min Qi; Perko, Michael A.; Bartee, R. Todd; Dunn, Michael S.; Nagy, Steve // Adolescence;Fall2001, Vol. 36 Issue 143, p583
Presents a study which assessed the influence of significant others on attitudes, subjective norms and intentions regarding dietary supplement use among adolescent athletes. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Powerful pills or pricey placebos? A look at sports nutrition supplements. Walsh, Julie // Environmental Nutrition;May97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on sports nutritional supplements. Antioxidant supplements; Fruits and vegetables as sources of antioxidants; Chromium; Creatine; Sports drinks; Ginseng; Natural food sources of chromium and B vitamins.