PERCEIVED IMPORTANCE OF CONDOM USE AMONG AFRICAN AMERICANS USING DRUGS
- MALE CONDOM USE BY TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP FOLLOWING AN HIV INTERVENTION AMONG WOMEN WHO USE ILLEGAL DRUGS. Theall, Katherine P.; Sterk, Claire E.; Elifson, Kirk W. // Journal of Drug Issues;Winter2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p1
Predictors of Increased male condom use are investigated following a recent, gender-specific HIV intervention among African-American women. Data were analyzed from 138 women (aged 18 to 59), recruited from inner-city Atlanta (Georgia, U.S.) neighborhoods. Predictors of condom use with steady and...
- Users Give New Synthetic And Latex Condoms Similar Ratings on Most Features. Hollander, D. // Family Planning Perspectives;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p45
The article comments on the features of condoms. Three types of condoms, one latex and two synthetic, had similar failure rates in a crossover study conducted in California, and overall, users had no preference among them. The exceptions were that men preferred the sensitivity afforded by the...
- Relationship Between Condom Use Knowledge and Condom Use Among African-American Women in Harris County, Texas. BRANCH-VITAL, ANGELA; HALE, WILLIAM; MASON, EDWARD // Western Journal of Black Studies;Spring2009, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p16
The objective of this study was to determine the association between condom use knowledge and self-reported condom use at last intercourse among African-American women (= 18 years of age) in Harris County, Texas. The Condom Use Assessment Questionnaire was administered to 297 African-American...
- If the condom fits, wear it: a qualitative study of young African-American men. Crosby, R. A.; Graham, C. A.; Yarber, W. L.; Sanders, S. A. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Aug2004, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p306
Objective:To extend the current knowledge base pertaining to condom failure among young African-American men by assessing their experiences with male condom use. Methods:Qualitative assessments were conducted with 19 African-American men (aged 18-29 years) who had just...
- Determinants of condom use among intravenous drug users in Spain. RUIZ, ISABEL; HERNÁNDEZ-AGUADO, ILDEFONSO; REBAGUATO, MARISA; AVINO, MARÍA JOSÉ; PÉREZ-HOYOS, SANTIAGO; GARCÍA DE LA HERA, MANUELA; BOLÚMAR, FRANCISCO // European Journal of Public Health;1995, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p270
Attitudes to and perception of health care delivery are considered to be important factors for patient compliance in diabetes. To Investigate insulin-treated diabetic patients' use of, experience of and attitudes to diabetes care a questionnaire was sent to 561 patients, 20â€“50 years old,...
- Survey: Condom use resisted in Asia, Czech Republic. // Contemporary Sexuality;Jan2004, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p15
This article reports that the condom company Durex found new opportunities for international market penetration after completing a recent global sex survey. Asking respondents how likely they are to use a condom with a new partner, the company identified China, Czech republic, Taiwan and Hong...
- Improving Access. // Population Reports;Apr99, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the availability and access to condoms. Estimated world production of condoms annually; Countries that produce large number of condoms; Different approaches adopted by social marketing programs; How condoms are distributed in most countries.
- Check condom expiration dates. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jul99, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p6
Cites the need to check the expiration dates of condoms to ensure protection against diseases and pregnancy. Tips in maintaining freshness of condoms.
- How reliable are condoms? // Consumer Reports;May95, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p320
No abstract available.