Gas pipeline project poses multifaceted challenges
- European pipeline work to cost $120 billion by 2010. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Oct93, Vol. 220 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the cost of the construction of international pipelines in and out of Europe by the year 2010. Enormity of pipelines in miles as revealed by the European Natural Gas Trade By Pipelines; Planned international gas pipelines cited; Possible international pipelines that might be needed;...
- Engineering and construction services. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov93, Vol. 220 Issue 11, p54
Lists firms engaged in the construction and engineering of pipelines throughout the world.
- Work under way on South China Sea job. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar94, Vol. 221 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the construction of a subsea gas pipeline that will link the Yacheng 13-1 field near Hainan Island with Hong Kong. Companies behind the project.
- China-Myanmar Oil-Gas Pipeline Chinese Section Breaks Ground. // China Chemical Reporter;10/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p10
The article offers information on the ground-breaking ceremony of the Sino-Myanmar oil and gas pipeline in An'ning, Yunnan province in China.
- Buenos Aires' possible pipeline. // Underground Construction;Jan1997, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p14
Announces the proposals for a natural gas piping construction in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Projected time for the completion of the project; Areas covered by the project.
- Trenching in the rain. // Underground Construction;Jan1997, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p24
Illustrates how Robert B. Somerville Pipeline and Utility Contractors installed gas lines in Ontario, Canada, despite a rainy weather condition. Comments of Gerry Genier of Somerville on the effect of the rain during trenching; Best equipment to lay pipes during a rainy season.
- The long and winding pipeline. // International Construction;Sep97, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the construction of a gas pipeline between Bolivia and Brazil. Total cost of the construction; Financing by the World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank and the Andean Development Corp.
- Polish Officials Criticize Undersea Gas Line. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 232 Issue 9, p12
Reports on Polish officials' criticism of the undersea gas pipeline construction to carry Russian gas to Germany.
- A continental energy grid. Olsen, Lance // Earth Island Journal;Fall91, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p22
Describes the environmental impact of the construction of gas pipelines from the Canadian Rockies to seven Northeastern states in the United States. Pressure on grizzly bears; Drilling operations in wilderness areas; Devastation of eastern Canada's James Bay.