PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Peopleï¿½. // Educational Marketer;9/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p8
Presents information on various appointments related to book publishing industry in the U.S. as of September 8, 2003. Appointment of Laurie Barnett, as the editorial director of the college and high school study guides publisher SparkNotes LLC, a unit of Barnes & Noble Publishing Group of New...
- Study Guides Battle Heats Up. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/16/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 7, p57
Reports on the growing battle of study-guide publishers as Barnes & Noble Inc.-owned Sparknotes has decided not to sell its books in any outlet not owned by the chain. Comments from Dan Weiss, Sparknotes publisher; Expansion of its classic novel line; Question facing Sparknotes on its...
- New study guides compete with Cliffs Notes. // Link-Up;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p20
Provides information on SparkNotes, a series of online study guides for commonly-read high school and college-level texts in the United States being offered by TheSpark.com Inc. Persons behind the creation of the SparkNotes; Web site that offers free SparkNotes; Advantage of using SparkNotes.
- OD'd on confessions. // U.S. Catholic;Feb98, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the reaction by Joseph Parisi, editor of `Poetry' magazine on the increase in confessional poetry received by the magazine.
- Telling the Tale of SparkNotes. // Link-Up;May/Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1
Discusses how SparkNotes evolved to become a successful educational Web site in the U.S. Purpose of the development of the study guide site; Features of the site; Information on the companies that owned the site.
- SparkNotes Softens Student Life. O'Leary, Mick // Information Today;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p41
Some students, when faced with the prospect of reading a long, boring novel, play, or poem, will turn to a SparkNotes Study Guide. This allows them to avoid having to actually read a work of literature, while appearing to have done so carefully and intelligently. A SparkNotes Study Guide has a...
- Five Move Up At Kings Food. // MMR;2/24/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p46
The article announces the promotion of five executives at Parsippany, New Jersey-based food retail company to its operations, marketing and merchandising departments which include Joseph Parisi, Karen Roche and Arthur Goncalvez.
- 100 Essential Modern Poems. Seaman, Donna // Booklist;10/1/2005, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p17
Reviews the book â€œ100 Essential Modern Poems,â€ by Joseph Parisi.
- 100 Essential Modern Poems. Janega, Sheila // School Library Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p194
Reviews the book "100 Essential Modern Poems," by Joseph Parisi.