- FAO teams up with Borders, opens Saks boutiques. Kitchen, Jane // Kids Today;Sep2003, p22
Reports on the partnership between furniture maker FAO Inc. and Borders and Walden Book in Pennsylvania. Number of store opening owned by FAO in SAKS department store; Terms of the agreement; Years of contract.
- LATE flashes. Wagner, Holly J. // Video Store Magazine;8/31/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p36
Presents news briefs related to the video recordings industry of the U.S. as of August 31, 2003. Letter of intent reached by toy specialty retailer FAO Inc. with Borders and Walden Book Co.; Plans of InterVideo Inc. to offer an optional DVD-Audio pack for its WinDVD 5 Platinum and Gold editions.
- FAO Schwarz Headed Into Bankruptcy. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;12/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 49, p7
Unveils the plan of FAO Inc. to file for bankruptcy protection for the second time in 2003. Implications of the plan for publishers; Market conditions that influenced the business operation of the company; Closure of the company's retail stores.
- F.A.O. Schwarz raises the bar. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Feb97, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p129
Announces the opening of F.A.O. Schwarz's store at The Forum Shops at Caesars in Las Vegas, Nevada. Preview of the facility's design; Remarks of chief executive officer John Eyler.
- FAO files reorganization plan. Kitchen, Jane // Kids Today;Mar2003, p18
Reports on FAO Inc.'s filing of a bankruptcy reorganization plan in February 2003 in the U.S. Leading suppliers' optimism that the company will survive; Assets and liabilities of the company according to the plan; Company's hiring of Morgan Joseph & Co. to raise equity capital.
- Toys. // Las Vegas Business Press;2/2/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the success of the recent bankruptcy auction held for FAO Inc. in New York City.
- FAO Schwarz opens store in Seattle. // Playthings;Sep93, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p30
No abstract available.
- Stars gather at FAO, Hong Kong promotion. // Playthings;Dec93, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p15
No abstract available.
- FAO Schwartz salutes `George' with in-store gala. // Playthings;Jan96, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p62
Reports on the in-store gala celebrated by FAO Schwartz in its Curious George flagship store. Sponsor of the event; First Curious George Foundation Awards.