- Effective trencher maintenance=efficiency. // Grounds Maintenance;Jun97, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p20
Offers tips on maintaining trenching machineries. Selection and maintenance of soil quality of oil to use in a trencher engine; Maintenance intervals; Daily maintenance tasks for hydrostatic-drive systems; Greasing requirements; Installation of fluid fittings and hoses; Essentials in...
- Trenching for sea bed diamonds. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Jan1995, Vol. 196 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the use of a model BC50 trench cutter to sea bed bulk sampling for diamonds in the Atlantic off southern Africa. Manufacturer; Description of the device; Use of the machinery; Control and steering of the sampling cutter.
- Making the cut. Tootell, Lawrie // International Construction;Nov97, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p29
Investigates the growth of the market for trenchers. Market share for trenchers of various countries; Types and models of trenchers available in the market; Applications of trenching machinery; Tips on choosing the right type of trencher for individual applications; Reasons for customer...
- Heavy snow puts plows to work. Williams, Craig // Trains;Apr2009, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p15
A photograph of a ditcher clearing snow from railroad tracks of Canadian Pacific's Dakota Minnesota & Eastern Railroad Corp. in Iowa and Minnesota is presented.
- In the trenches. Hulf, Paul // International Construction;May2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p27
Features several trenching machinery for the construction industry. Development of the 25 Ditch Witch 5700 vibratory ploughs by S&N Communications; Rockwheel designed for cutting concrete, asphalt, frozen soil and other tough materials by Vermeer; Rock trenchers offered by Mastenbroek; Depth...
- Tailored trenching. // International Construction;May2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the efficiency of trenchers. Comparison with excavators; Safety of trenchers; Benefits of using the machine; Description of the forward movements of trenchers; Various uses of trenchers.
- Safety first. // International Construction;May2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p31
Focuses on the safety of trenching machinery. Cost and efficacy of using shoring; Emphasis of trenching equipment manufacturers on the importance of good preparations for all operations; Publication of a set of instructions and information on trenching by the Canadian Province of Manitoba.
- De-watering trencher used on German gas pipe installation. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Oct95, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p49
Features the Mastenbroek 50/60 laser controlled de-watering trencher from J. Mastenbroek of Boston in Lincolnshire, England. Trencher power; Trencher specifications; De-watering capabilities.
- Irrigation trenching made easy. Yach, Richard // Landscape Management;Aug99, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p44
Discusses the importance of choosing the right trenching equipment to install water irrigation. Criteria to consider when choosing a trencher according to Mike Hubbard, rubber tire trenching specialist for Vermeer Manufacturing; Comments from Hubbard on the desired width and depth of trench.