OPS names final pipeline contenders for demonstration program
- OPS names final pipeline contenders for demonstration program. Barlas, Stephen // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec97, Vol. 224 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the US Office of Pipeline Safety's selection of nine more companies to become candidates for the risk demonstration program. Allowance of companies to use alternative pipeline safety techniques; Columbia Gas Transmission Corp.'s proposal to extend the demonstration to new pipeline...
- OPS to test New Pipeline inspection program. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Feb99, Vol. 226 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the United States Office of Pipeline Safety's testing of a system integrity inspection program. Goal to find an option to the checklist approach in pipeline inspection; Commitment of the government to safety.
- Office of Pipeline Safety escapes scare. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Oct96, Vol. 223 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the failure of the Republicans to reduce the 1997 budget for the Office of Pipeline Safety. Pipeline safety authorization bill passed by the House; User fees imposed on gas.
- Pipeline vulnerable to terrorist attacks. Pekow, Charles // LP/Gas;Oct2001, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p11
Discusses the efforts in the United States to protect fuel in transit against possible terrorist attacks. Warning of the American Gas Association on gas companies; Details on the issuance of a pipeline security information circular by the Office of Pipeline Safety to pipeline operators.
- A Success Guide For Pipeline Integrity Management. Byrd, W.R.; McCoy, Ron G.; Wint, David D. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 231 Issue 11, p26
Presents a guide to pipeline integrity management for natural gas and liquid pipelines developed to facilitate compliance to the pipeline safety regulations in the United States. Acknowledgment of the need to change the way pipelines are managed and the need to allot budget for the task;...
- More info needed for interpretation requests. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan94, Vol. 221 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the need for the US Office of Pipeline Safety to release interpretations of pipeline safety regulations. Components of proposed interpretations.
- Office of Pipeline Safety escapes scare. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the passage of the 1997 appropriation bill for the US Office of Pipeline Safety. Appropriated budget for the office; Program lined up by the agency.
- OPS wants risk management applications. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May97, Vol. 224 Issue 5, p8
Reports that the US Office of Pipeline Safety has asked the interstate pipe industry to submit applications for the risk management demonstration program.
- Qualifications of pipeline personnel at issue. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;May97, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the US Office of Pipeline Safety's establishment of the Negotiated Rulemaking Committee, a committee of pipeline industry executives aimed at creating a federal regulatory program that would ensure that pipeline personnel are adequately trained. Members of the committee; Objectives...