Phoenix, Too, Eyes Bond-Backed Hotel to Boost Convention Center
- Spokane Valley, Wash., in Interlocal Agreement, Will Sell $7M for Center. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p36
Reports on plans of the administration of Spoken Valley, Washington to issue $7 million general obligation bonds to finance the construction of a convention center in the city. Overview of a credit program of the state for the city; Appraisal of ratings of the convention center bonds.
- Florida Judge Needs Reason Why Before Dismissing Bond Request. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31040, p3
No abstract available.
- Report: Milwaukee Project Would Eventually Bring in $90M a Year. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31296, p3
Reports on expansion plans of Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Midwest Express convention center by issuing multi-million variable rate revenue bonds. Impact of building the convention center on tourism; Insurance rating credited to the bonds; Strength of staff members of the convention center board.
- Birmingham City Council to Decide Future of Convention Center Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p33
Reports the debate on the issuance of bonds for domed sports and convention center complex by the City Council in Birmingham, Alabama. Issuance of bonds for the complex by the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex Authority; Decision-making for the revenue division from the tax by the...
- It's meeting time! We're going to Omaha. Mysak, Joe // Las Vegas Business Press;4/22/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p5
Comments on the sale of Conventional Hotel Corp. revenue bonds in Omaha. Intention of building a hotel next to the convention center; Expectation of the occupancy rate of the hotel; Specifications of the convention center.
- Convention Bonds Go On Sale This Week. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p3
Reports on the bond package for the construction of the DeVos Place convention center in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Bond maturity; Target investors; Projected annual debt service for the package.
- Milwaukee eyes refunding deal for center. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/30/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30321, p54
Reports on the Wisconsin Center District Board's plans to refinance a portion of $185 million of 1996 revenue bonds to fund the construction of a convention center in the city of Milwaukee. Options being considered for the refinancing scheme; Possible retention of Bear Stearns & Co. and Evensen...
- Bonds Set to Sell Nov. 1 for San Francisco's Moscone Center. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p42
Focuses on the expected sale of $157 million in variable-rate bonds in November 1, 2000, to enlarge the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, California. Expansion and improvement of the convention center's west wing; Voters' approval of the bond in 1996; Maturity of the bonds which will...
- GO Sale Eyed for Iowa Convention Center. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p40
Reports the plan of Polk County to issue bonds to finance the construction of a convention center in Iowa. Amount of bond issues to be sold; Use of local gaming revenues in refunding bond issues; Conduction of a public hearing for the approval of the proposed bond issue.