IRS Keeps up Focus on Specialty Training Sessions for Its Agents
- IRS proposes new training materials for determining worker classification. // Tax Executive;May/Jun96, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p142
Reports on the Tax Executives Institutes Inc.'s (TEI) assessment of the proposed revisions to training materials used by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to help its revenue agents determine worker classification. Commendation for providing practical guidance on worker classification; Problem...
- Measurement of a successful international audit. Deanehan, Regina M. // Tax Executive;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p507
Presents the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) response to Tax Executives Institute's (TEI) comments on a June 1993 draft report on the International Enforcement Program's key performance indicators. TEI's assistance to the International Measurement System Task Force; The need to ensure that the...
- Advisory Panel Makes Recommendations to IRS About Management Contracts. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;6/12/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34125, p1
The article focuses on the recommendations given to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service by its advisory committee about management contracts as of June 2014. Recommendations include expansion of safe harbors for management contracts, personnel training to determine use of management contracts in...
- Illegal disclosure to newspaper held to be a single instance. // CPA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p74
Reports that the disclosure of a tax return information made by an official of the United States Internal Revenue Service to a newspaper is held to be a single instance, according to Miller versus United States.
- IRS appointments. // Practical Accountant;Mar95, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p15
Reports on appointments of several officials at the Internal Revenue Service. Paul Miyahara; Patrick Dowling; Peggy Rule; Margaret O'Rourke; Vicent Canciello; Sheldon Schwartz; Michael Rule; Thomas Carroll.
- IRS getting its staff cut. // Practical Accountant;Oct96, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the reduction of employees at the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Federal budget cuts prompting employee dismissals; Estimates of layoffs.
- What IRS agents talk about when they gather 'round the... Baldauf, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;4/15/97, Vol. 89 Issue 97, p3
Looks at the topic of discussion when agents of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) meet, focusing on the unlimited queries of tax related difficulties. What is required of IRS agents; How IRS agents view themselves; Information on the IRS.
- IRS fills various key slots. // Practical Accountant;Sep94, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the appointment of various officials to key positions in the US Internal Revenue Service. Includes Roger Burgess; Robert Veeder; Gerald Swanson; Arthur Jackson.
- IRS moves work. // Crain's New York Business;12/6/93, Vol. 9 Issue 49, p41
Reports on the relocation of the employees of the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) to Little Italy, New York from the Brooklyn site in New York. Shifting of the work of 200 employees from the 1000-employee worksite in Brooklyn, New York; Increase in efficiency through automation as a factor in...