Nassau Gets OK for Agency, Restructuring
- Bill easing Nassau's financial woes faces uncertainty in N.Y.'s senate. Hoffman, David; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p36
Focuses on a legislation establishing a fiscal oversight board to help Nassau County regain financial stability in New York. Benefits derived from the legislation; General obligation rating of the county by Moody's Investors Service; Views of County Comptroller Fred Parola concerning the bill.
- Nassau Nike Coliseum? It's one budget solution. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/01/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 48, p46A
Offers suggestions on how the Nassau County of New York can solve its financial problems. Debts and budget deficits of the county; Marketing of the Nassau County Coliseum to big companies; Placement of brand names in other facilities such as the Nassau County Medical Center and Holly Patterson...
- Nassau hub. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/08/97, Vol. 44 Issue 49, p42
Features various landmarks in Nassau County, New York with significant contribution to the local economy. Includes the Nassau hub; Nassau Coliseum redevelopment; Hempstead Village; Hofstra University; Roosevelt Field Shopping Center; Goodwill Games Facilities.
- Zarb oversight: Zero tolerance. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/07/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 27, p57A
Comments on Frank Zarb's responsibilities as head of the oversight committee of Nassau County, New York. Selection of Zarb's fellow board members; Message sent by Zarb to both the financial markets and the Gulotta administration; How Zarb will monitor county executive Gulotta's progress;...
- Nassau's financial cuts are too timid. Townsend, Paul // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/07/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 27, p57A
Calls for the combination of the functions of Nassau and Suffolk counties and New York State into one state of Long Island. Resolution of Nassau County's economic problems; Consolidation of school districts into a single public school district; Establishment of a single regional administration...
- Record low unemployment. Pedone, Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/15/99, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p20A
Focuses on a decline in unemployment rate in Nassau County, New York, in November 1998.
- Nassau County's slump. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30690, p1
Reports on the financial difficulties of Nassau County, New York. Effects of politics on local economy; Republican control over county government.
- Nassau to drag $110 million deficit into fiscal 2000. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p31
Reports on the budget deficit problem that Nassau County, New York will have to face in fiscal 2000. Need for Nassau to address structural imbalances within its budget; Impact of the decision by the Republican legislative majority to repeal a one percent tax on real-estate transactions; Search...
- Bethpage/Grumman. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/24/97, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p30
Features Bethpage, a community in Nassau County, New York. Population and median family income for 1996; Establishment of the Bethpage State Park and community park in 1935 and 1964 respectively; Supply of high-technology jobs from Northrop Grumman.