Connecticut Plans Deficit Financing
- Conn. Governor: Let's Reappropriate Last Year's Surplus to Deal With Deficit. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p27
Reports on the announcement made by Governor of Connecticut John G. Rowland regarding the increase in the state's budget deficit since December 2001. Plans of Rowland to utilize previous year's budget surplus; Spending cuts planned by Rowland to reduce the budget deficit; Issues concerning...
- Rowland rejects legislature's budget plan. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p1
Reports that Governor John G. Rowland rejects the deficit-reduction plan of the General Assembly in Connecticut. Optimism of the businessmen for an open discussion about the proposed deficit-reduction plan; Reasons of Rowland for rejecting the proposed budget; Budget deficits of the state.
- Rowland probe session wildcard. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/26/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p1
The investigation on the part of Connecticut state legislature on the question of beginning an impeachment against Governor John Rowland has raised the fear that important business issues will once again be put on the backburner this year. The issue had remained unresolved last year because of...
- Rowland, Citing Crisis Wants to Rein In Costs. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;2/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on the February 6, 2002 annual budget address of Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland. Amount of the projected budget deficit in fiscal 2003; Indication that the Republican governor will ask for adjustments to the two-year spending plan for education; Other topics in his speech,...
- Waterbury, Conn., Takeover Plan Could Begin as Soon as March 7. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;02/28/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31086, p44
Reports on Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland's drafting of a bill that will define the state's financial takeover of Waterbury as well as the borrowing structure for the city's needed cash infusion. Key provisions of the legislative proposal; Scheduled voting on the bill; Credit rating...
- Beleaguered Connecticut Governor Pushes $14 Billion Budget, Tax Hikes. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p29
Reports on the proposed budget of Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland. Proposal of Rowland to raise taxes in all tobacco and alcohol products; Sales tax on newspapers; Budget deficit.
- Quote of the week. Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/29/97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p284
Presents a quotation from Connecticut Governor John Rowland comparing the stiffness of Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole and Vice President Al Gore.
- Connecticut, Guarding Its Ratings, Plans 'Lean' Bonding Mainly for Education. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p4
Reports on the efforts of Connecticut governor John C. Rowland to limit the amount of debt that the state issues each year. Proposed amount of general obligations (GOs) bonds to be issued; Amount of GOs issued in 2001-2002; Ratings of the state by some credit rating companies.
- Connecticut's Rowland Calls for Bettering Education, Urban Centers. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p4
Reports on the plan of Connecticut Governor John Rowland to use the state's budget surplus to support schools and urban renewal. Recession and self-defeating attitude in Connecticut; Praise given to the bipartisanship.