Replicating Online Yankee Auctions to Analyze Auctioneers' and Bidders' Strategies
- LEAST AND UNIQUE PRICE AUCTION WITH ASCENDING SLICES (LUP-AS): PLAYING GAME STYLE ONLINE- AUCTION. OTAIR, MOHAMMED // Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology;Aug2015, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p386
In last two decades, Online (Web) auctions and its types took a lot of attention by researchers and business corporates. The main problem in many auction types is the fixed-closing time, which causes a phenomenon called "sniping" (i.e. submitting a bid at the final moments by one of the...
- Auction sites are a popular choice for products both old and new. RISK, RALPH // New Media Age;4/29/2010, p07
The article reports on the bid of 64% of British respondents in online auctions and the 74% increase in the number of 18-34-year-old bidders, based on a survey of auction sites.
- Anatomy of an online auction. Bechman, Tom J. // Prairie Farmer;Mar2011, p48
In this article, the author discusses the basics of online auction and how the trend of Internet bidders have increased.
- Slow Dutch Auctions. Carare, Octavian; Rothkopf, Michael // Management Science;Mar2005, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p365
Theorists have long believed that Dutch auctions are strategically equivalent to standard sealed bidding. However, in recent controlled experiments with actual Dutch and sealed-bid Internet auctions of collectibles, the Dutch auctions produced significantly more revenue. We believe that this...
- Auctions with shill bidding. Chakraborty, Indranil; Kosmopoulou, Georgia // Economic Theory;Aug2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p271
Summary. Shill bidding has increased substantially in recent years since the technology employed to conduct on-line auctions enables many sellers to disguise their identities and bid. Although their intent is to gain by misleading the bidders on the value of the object, we show that in a common...
- DETERMINANTS OF ONLINE AUCTION SUCCESS. Jianwei Hou // Review of Business Research;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p58
Many online auctions fail to attract bidders, thus not leading to an eventual sale. The purpose of this study is to investigate a variety of factors that may determine the likelihood of a sale for online auctions. Specifically, this study examines two types of factors: seller reputation and...
- Laptop model to cut auction costs. Jordan, Hannah // Third Sector;6/25/2008, p7
The article reports on the launch by auction website Buy Once Give Twice of a new service wherein supporters will be given laptops or handheld devices to register their bids. Taking its fee as a percentage of the amount raised, the group will provide charities with laptops and other equipment...
- Online ag auction site draws bidders. Vogt, Willie // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Mar2011, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p77
The article focuses on the online agricultural auction offered by IronPlanet, an online construction and agriculture equipment auction site. According to Paul Blalock, who heads up the agriculture sales team, IronPlanet promotes a detailed inspection reports and the IronClad Assurance guarantee...
- The highest bid wins an education. // Christian Science Monitor;10/5/99, Vol. 91 Issue 217, p13
Focuses on the internet Web site `eCollegebid.org' that treats college tuition like an auction, matching students' financial bids to colleges willing to offer discounted tuition rates.