Integrated Passives Technology and Economics
- UAL Flight 896, Seat 16G. Snogren, Richard // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Jan2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p31
Focuses on the embedded passive standards activity in the electronics industry. Background on the standards program; Task groups comprising the Embedded Passives subcommittee; Chairmen who head each task group.
- Passive Current Sharing Boosts Power and Reliability. Ehrman, Barry // Power Electronics Technology;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p58
The article discusses passive current sharing, a method of paralleling the outputs of two or more power supplies or dc-dc converters so that they equally share the load. Simplicity of the paralleling method; Advantages and disadvantages of the design; Implementation of passive current sharing...
- SOC Becomes Household Name. Chang, C. Michael // Electronic News;10/23/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 43, p64
Focuses on the system-on-a-chip (SOC) technology as a breakthrough concept in the electronics industry. Several electronic trends that contributed to the conception of SOC; Impact of the convergence of electronic devices on the development of SOC; Information on the verification phase of design...
- Deep-sleep mode cuts power in FPGA design. Wilson, Richard // Electronics Weekly;11/9/2005, Issue 2217, p16
This article reports that QuickLogic Corp. has introduced a deep-sleep mode of operation into classic FPGA circuit design which it claims should significantly cut power consumption in embedded designs. According to the firm its approach tackles the problem of a power drain which can be above an...
- PASSIVE & DISCRETE COMPONENTS. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Mar2007, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p58
The article features several passive and discrete components. They include Vishay Intertechnology Inc.'s WSL2512 surface-mouth Power Metal Strip resistor, Crystek Corp.'s line of ultra-low phase noise Voltage Controlled Oscillators with a coaxial resonator oscillator, and Stackpole Electronics...
- Passives business is strategic focus. Wilson, Richard // Electronics Weekly;Nov2005 Supplement, p19
The article focuses on the market for passive electronic components, which has become an important business for specialist and broadline distributors alike. No longer simply viewed as a fulfilment business for low margin commodity components, winning business for resistors, capacitors,...
- Passive & Discrete Components. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p22
Presents passive and discrete components. Molypermalloy Powder toroidal cores from Chang Sung Corp.; CoEv Magnetics' SMT Series of surface-mount inductors and chokes for switch mode power supply applications; Expanded SMT power inductor series for high-current applications.
- News Briefs. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Aug2004, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p12
Reports that Smyrna, Georgia-based Murata Electronics North America Inc. has introduced a planar high-density passive device technology for low-height components.
- Cleaning Underneath 4 Mil Standoffs. Muehlbauer, Andreas; Schweigart, Helmut; Strixner, Stefan // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p44
Looks at mechanical agitation cleaning systems for the electronics industry for best cleaning results. Process optimization through increased temperature; Penetration of capillary spaces between base substrate and component; Effect of a compromised surface penetrating properties; Importance of...