Integrated Passives Technology and Economics
- UAL Flight 896, Seat 16G. Snogren, Richard // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Jan2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p31
Focuses on the embedded passive standards activity in the electronics industry. Background on the standards program; Task groups comprising the Embedded Passives subcommittee; Chairmen who head each task group.
- Passive Current Sharing Boosts Power and Reliability. Ehrman, Barry // Power Electronics Technology;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p58
The article discusses passive current sharing, a method of paralleling the outputs of two or more power supplies or dc-dc converters so that they equally share the load. Simplicity of the paralleling method; Advantages and disadvantages of the design; Implementation of passive current sharing...
- SOC Becomes Household Name. Chang, C. Michael // Electronic News;10/23/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 43, p64
Focuses on the system-on-a-chip (SOC) technology as a breakthrough concept in the electronics industry. Several electronic trends that contributed to the conception of SOC; Impact of the convergence of electronic devices on the development of SOC; Information on the verification phase of design...
- Deep-sleep mode cuts power in FPGA design. Wilson, Richard // Electronics Weekly;11/9/2005, Issue 2217, p16
This article reports that QuickLogic Corp. has introduced a deep-sleep mode of operation into classic FPGA circuit design which it claims should significantly cut power consumption in embedded designs. According to the firm its approach tackles the problem of a power drain which can be above an...
- PASSIVE & DISCRETE COMPONENTS. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Mar2007, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p58
The article features several passive and discrete components. They include Vishay Intertechnology Inc.'s WSL2512 surface-mouth Power Metal Strip resistor, Crystek Corp.'s line of ultra-low phase noise Voltage Controlled Oscillators with a coaxial resonator oscillator, and Stackpole Electronics...
- Passives business is strategic focus. Wilson, Richard // Electronics Weekly;Nov2005 Supplement, p19
The article focuses on the market for passive electronic components, which has become an important business for specialist and broadline distributors alike. No longer simply viewed as a fulfilment business for low margin commodity components, winning business for resistors, capacitors,...
- Passive & Discrete Components. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p22
Presents passive and discrete components. Molypermalloy Powder toroidal cores from Chang Sung Corp.; CoEv Magnetics' SMT Series of surface-mount inductors and chokes for switch mode power supply applications; Expanded SMT power inductor series for high-current applications.
- News Briefs. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Aug2004, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p12
Reports that Smyrna, Georgia-based Murata Electronics North America Inc. has introduced a planar high-density passive device technology for low-height components.
- Growth of Indian Electronic Components Industry. // Electronics Bazaar;Apr2013, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p94
The article discusses the growth of electronic components industry in India. Topics include the existing and future demand for electronic component industry, several types of electronics components from 2009-2010 including electro-mechanical, passive components, and associate components, and the...