Avoiding the Resistance Panic Button
- Compliance Verification. Swenson, David E. // Circuits Assembly;Jul2006, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p60
This article deals with with an important aspect of ESD control, which is the process of verifying to ensure everything is working correctly. First, an ESD control program plan must be done. A compliant plan includes training plan, ESD control technical elements, packaging plan, and compliance...
- Analysis and diagnosis of the different defects of asynchronous machines by vibration analysis. BENBOUAZA, Abdelkader; ELKIHEL, Bachir // International Journal on Computer Science & Engineering;Apr2013, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p258
The electric machines and particularly the asynchronous machines act an important role nowadays in all industrial applications. To assure the availability and the safety of working of these is a fundamental job. It is therefore necessary to develop the systems permitting to supervise and to...
- Application solutions. // Wireless Design & Development;Dec99, Vol. 7 Issue 13, Off-the-shelf p6
Provides guidelines on protecting static sensitive devices from Electrostatic Discharge (ESD). Enclosing electrical parts with protective conductive packaging; Placing parts on a conductive workbench to dissipate any charge that has built up on the outside of the package; Hittite Microwave's...
- Microelectromechanical scanning probe instruments for array architectures. Miller, Scott A.; Turner, Kimberly L.; MacDonald, Noel C. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Nov97, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p4155
Discusses the design of a compact electrostatic actuator for out-of-plane actuation of a probe tip. Static deflections out of the plane of the substrate; Device consisting of a single crystal silicon tip on a torsional cantilever with out-of-plane interdigitated electrode capacitors.
- Product focus: ESD. // Test & Measurement World;Jul97, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p196
Presents information on several electrostatic deposition (ESD) control/protection products. Model 6405 ionizing blower from Ion Systems; ESD protective cabinet from Conductive Containers; Assortment of products from Richmond Technology.
- Modify a barbecue lighter for ESD testing. Ericson, Jim // Test & Measurement World;Nov97, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p13
Discusses the modification of barbecue lighter for electrostatic discharge testing. Description of an igniter; Steps in modifying a butane barbecue lighter; Advantages of the modified lighter.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of a Commercial Portable Air Purifier in Homes with Wood Burning Stoves: A Preliminary Study. Hart, Julie F.; Ward, Tony J.; Spear, Terry M.; Rossi, Richard J.; Holland, Nicholas N.; Loushin, Brodie G. // Journal of Environmental & Public Health;2011, p1
Wood burning for residential heating is prevalent in the Rocky Mountain regions of the United States. Studies have shown that wood stoves can be a significant source of PM2.5 within homes. In this study, the effectiveness of an electrostatic filter portable air purifier was evaluated (1) in a...
- Development of an electrostatic levitator for neutron diffraction structure analysis. Aoki, Hirokatsu; Paradis, Paul-François; Ishikawa, Takehiko; Aoyama, Tomotsugu; Masaki, Tadahiko; Yoda, Shinich; Ishii, Yoshinobu; Itami, Toshio // Review of Scientific Instruments;Feb2003, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p1147
An electrostatic levitation (ESL) furnace was designed for the neutron diffraction study of condensed matter. This apparatus is composed of an electrostatic levitator, a neutron inlet path with Cd slit, a 160 degree window for the scattered neutrons, a CO[sub 2] laser for sample heating, and an...
- Electrostatic containerless processing system. Rulison, Aaron J.; Watkins, John L. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jul97, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p2856
Introduces the electrostatic containerless processing system (ESCAPE), a materials science tool for investigating refractory solids and melts. Maintenance of refractory specimens of materials in a pristine state; Design of the ESCAPE for investigation of thermophysical properties, phase...