The Slow Road to Recovery
- Trade show chugs along through dull economy. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, pS2
Reports on the efforts of the Connecticut trade show industry to cope with the dull U.S. economy in 2003. Clients of Robbins Tesar; Marketing Resources' handling of the marketing for some of the largest trade shows in the U.S.; Decline in attendance figures at trade shows; Ways in which trade...
- SEMI lobbies Sacramento. // Electronic News (10616624);4/15/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2112, p32
Cites the formation of the State Policy Advisory Group in Sacramento, California under Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI). Meeting between electronics industry executives and state legislators in April 1996; Issues impacting California's high technology industries;...
- Convening in Kobe? // Electronic News;1/30/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2050, p4
Reports on the possible cancellation of the annual Semicon/Kansai Kobe trade show of Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International in Kobe, Japan, due to the less readiness of facilities as a result of the January 23, 1995 earthquake, and the exhibitors' indecision on conducting the show.
- Semicon West: From San Jose to the San Francisco Bay. // Machine Design;7/11/2002, Vol. 74 Issue 13, p47
Reports on the Semicon West's exhibition to be held in San Jose and San Francisco, California in July 2002. Educational opportunities offered by the exhibition; Focus of the exhibition in San Jose and San Francisco.
- Calls for More Spending. Shields, Mike // Brandweek;1/5/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p008
The article presents an overview of the impact a recession in the United States may have on the cellular telephone industry and on advertisers who advertise on cellular telephones in 2009 and beyond. A discussion of continued growth which has been seen in the sales of cellular telephones despite...
- N. Amer. Semiconductor Equipment Industry Posts March 09 Book-to-Bill Ratio of 0.61. // CircuiTree;Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on the $278.9 million orders posted by North America-based manufacturers of semiconductor equipment in March 2009, based on the "March 2009 Book-to-Bill Report" published by the Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI). The book-to-bill ratio posted by the...
- Reporter's Notebook. Chappell, Jeff // Electronic News;7/29/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 31, p10
Presents an article on attending the Semicon West conference. Lessons learned from attending the conference; Comparison between the 2001 and 2001 Semicon West conferences; Comment on the technological discussion on gate dielectrics.
- What Does Wall Street Want? Elliott, Heidi; Chappell, Jeff // Electronic News;10/02/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 40, p2
Outlines the investor perspectives and its impact on semiconductor-related stocks during a breakfast program presented by the Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International in September 2000. Comparison of stock purchasing to buying art; Projected growth of electronics industry stocks;...
- SEMI office in China. // Solid State Technology;Jul96, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p30
Reports on the Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International trade association's agreement with China's Ministry of Electronics Industry to establish a secretariat office in Beijing, China.