The Slow Road to Recovery
- Trade show chugs along through dull economy. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, pS2
Reports on the efforts of the Connecticut trade show industry to cope with the dull U.S. economy in 2003. Clients of Robbins Tesar; Marketing Resources' handling of the marketing for some of the largest trade shows in the U.S.; Decline in attendance figures at trade shows; Ways in which trade...
- SEMI lobbies Sacramento. // Electronic News (10616624);4/15/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2112, p32
Cites the formation of the State Policy Advisory Group in Sacramento, California under Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI). Meeting between electronics industry executives and state legislators in April 1996; Issues impacting California's high technology industries;...
- Convening in Kobe? // Electronic News;1/30/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2050, p4
Reports on the possible cancellation of the annual Semicon/Kansai Kobe trade show of Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International in Kobe, Japan, due to the less readiness of facilities as a result of the January 23, 1995 earthquake, and the exhibitors' indecision on conducting the show.
- Semicon West: From San Jose to the San Francisco Bay. // Machine Design;7/11/2002, Vol. 74 Issue 13, p47
Reports on the Semicon West's exhibition to be held in San Jose and San Francisco, California in July 2002. Educational opportunities offered by the exhibition; Focus of the exhibition in San Jose and San Francisco.
- Calls for More Spending. Shields, Mike // Brandweek;1/5/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p008
The article presents an overview of the impact a recession in the United States may have on the cellular telephone industry and on advertisers who advertise on cellular telephones in 2009 and beyond. A discussion of continued growth which has been seen in the sales of cellular telephones despite...
- Buying Groups: Strength In Numbers. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/5/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on views of the author regarding effects of economic recession on the business of consumer electronic goods in the United States. Presentation of opinion of experts regarding economic condition of the United States; Role of various conferences discussing this issue.
- Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing. // Career Guide to Industries;2006/2007, p43
The article reports on the significance of the computer and electronic product manufacturing industry for the economic activity of the U.S. In general, those working in computer and electronics manufacturing, even production workers, enjoy relatively good working conditions. The computer and...
- The Cutting Edge. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;7/29/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 31, p8
Assesses the effect of the U.S. economic slump in 2002 on electronic companies in Silicon Valley in Santa Clara County, California. Indicator of the financial difficulty experienced by companies; Comments on the depressed stock portfolios.
- Some Sun, Some Clouds. Elliott, Heidi // Electronic News;4/1/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 14, p10
Presents an outlook on the financial condition of the electronics industry in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2002. Improvements in the status of the general economy; Expectations of most industry executives and analysts on the second half of 2002; Issues being faced by distributors;...